MP USMC Vehicle build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update . I know its been a bit i got busy with other projects but Iam getting pressure to get the lift freed up in the shop.

Ok so I started working on the winch and bumper set up.
Parts 12k winch with remote control and wired,
winch plate Rough country for a 1500 & 2500 chevy pick up but used on a tahoe.
Rough country D ring mounts made for 1500 & 2500 pickups,
So i started by mounting the winch plate. They RC say it doesnt work on the tahoe I found it very easy. Just had to hammer the frame tabs that stick out a 1/4 inch flat so the side plates bolt up flat. you can see in the pic. I also had to drill 4 holes on each side to add the required bolts the pic doesnt show them all but it gets bolted to death.
Next i welded 1 1/4 inch spacers behind the upper d ring plates so the D ring mount would protrude the right amount out past the bumper facia. then i carfully mounted and marked the faicia and cut out the slots for them and the winch opening.
It really fit nice as you can see the winch face plate is low on the licence plate area thats due to the 3 inch body lift as the winch mounts to the frame. You can see the finished look.
I plan on using the licence plate addapter plate to raise the plate just over the winch opening.

In the next week ill be mounting the drop down power running boards made for the 1500 /2500 pickups they say wont work on the tahoe ill keep you posted on that as well.

Attachments

• winch 1.jpg
    winch 1.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 7
  • winch 3.jpg
    winch 3.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 7
  • winch and d rings .jpg
    winch and d rings .jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 7
  • bump hooks.jpg
    bump hooks.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
added pic on the RC D ring lower bracket that goes in the frame.

had to cut out the lower corner of the RC mount to clear when installed as i had to mount them upside down so they would stick up instead of down to line up with the opening as the 3 inch body lift raised the hook hole 3 inches. By mounting them upside down they line up coming out of the facia just right.

Attachments

• D ring lower.jpg
    D ring lower.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
L

Larry W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Team. I have had a few projects come up taking my eye off the ball of this project. Time to get back on it.
So I picked up another Tahoe from Arizona for a friend. He decided he didn't want it so i have a third Tahoes.
I checked the build codes and realized it has 4.10 gears. So Iam thinking that this post build with the 35-inch tires might be better off with the 4.10s vs the 3.42s it came with.
Next week ill swap out the axles and post some pics.

I didnt think 410s were offered but maybe someone knows how a factory truck had 410s i thought 373 and 342 were the towing choices maybe some one can pipe in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz