2020 Chevy Tahoe PPV Radio THEFT LOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7sipe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon! I was having an issue where my stereo quit working in my 2020 Chevy Tahoe PPV. I went through the process of having the MOST BUS checked and was able to determine the CD player was causing the issue. Thankfully we had a wrecked 2020 Tahoe in the fleet that was being used for parts. I took the CD player out in which it started with the Chevrolet screen and then shows Theft Locked. I am under the impression the CD player has nothing linked to it that is vin specific correct? Nothing else was changed.

I also noticed my gauge cluster middle screen is now stuck on AUDIO OFF after changing it out. Any idea of what’s going on? Unfortunately with it being a duty vehicle the department isn’t willing to let it go to GM as it’s a “luxury item” so I am stuck with fixing it my self.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 9

jets

Reaction score
Sounds like the player will need to be programmed to that truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon! I was having an issue where my stereo quit working in my 2020 Chevy Tahoe PPV. I went through the process of having the MOST BUS checked and was able to determine the CD player was causing the issue. Thankfully we had a wrecked 2020 Tahoe in the fleet that was being used for parts. I took the CD player out in which it started with the Chevrolet screen and then shows Theft Locked. I am under the impression the CD player has nothing linked to it that is vin specific correct? Nothing else was changed.

I also noticed my gauge cluster middle screen is now stuck on AUDIO OFF after changing it out. Any idea of what’s going on? Unfortunately with it being a duty vehicle the department isn’t willing to let it go to GM as it’s a “luxury item” so I am stuck with fixing it my self.

Thanks in advance!
you could maybe try a vcx nano and gds2, takes some work to get the software working, that may allow you to learn the radio vin back.
other than that I am curious about the missing push to start button, did someone convert this to keyed ignition? whats up with that?

OP
OP

7sipe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you could maybe try a vcx nano and gds2, takes some work to get the software working, that may allow you to learn the radio vin back.
other than that I am curious about the missing push to start button, did someone convert this to keyed ignition? whats up with that?
to my knowledge all PPV models of the 2020 are key. I’m not sure though, came from the factory this way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar