Turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you haven't seen my post in the General section I broke another 4L65e last night...so just as I had everything come in to start the turbo install this had to happen...needless to say the turbo build has been temporarily put on hold for maybe 2-3 weeks as I figure out what to do with the trans.

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am weighing all options right now, rebuild the 4L65 again, do a 4L80 swap...and the last one is get rid of my current tahoe and replace with a 3/4ton suburban...what ever I end up doing the turbo will be going on it.

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the turbo build on the tahoe is officially off the table...after this last issue with the trans. I decided it was time to cut my losses and move on to bigger and better. The tahoe is getting returned back to stock form and is getting replaced by a 2011 Suburban 2500. Once I get a few miles on it I am going to start the turbo build on the 6.0L I'll get in touch with a mod on here so the threads can be merged together...I apologize to all that were looking forward to this build...I am truly disappointed myself as I know it was going to be a monster, well even though the suburban is heavier it will still be a fun street truck and tow *****.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck and keep us posted :). Isn't the 2011 Burb a 6.2L or is there a hybrid burb...

OP
OP
InTruckDesign

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, burbs are still the 6.0..I don't understand GM's thinking here but it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts