true mettalic plasti dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i broke down and just ordered some i wish i would have known they had this shit a week ago cuz the chrome on one of rims started chipping so i dipped my rims in gun metal grey and smoke

i take you used the alluminum of yer rims it looked like it turned out pretty good

do you really have to use a whole can per wheel i noticed these different types of color are starting to get spendy the smoke was like 8 a can and this freakin true mettalic was like 9 something

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you first spray on the dip it should look smooth and wet i tend to get alotta splatter am i holding the can to far away?
also they got a youtube video out now that shows u how to fix tears or texture
wearing rubber gloves you dip your finger in some paint thinner and rub it over the tear or texture wich starts to re liquify the plasti a little and smooth out the area so you can just coat that area instead of starting all over
man messin around with this plasti dip is addicting
ive dipped my running boards and the plastic part of my front and rear bumper in black so they look all new my grille in gunmetal grey then smoke
i was thinken about doing the smoke on the my lights and shit anyone done that

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I've done tail lights. Imo it looked meh but cops where attracted to me like a bee and soda

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my tails in Smoke and glossifier.

One can of smoke and glossifier

34_zps10c1fd4f.jpg

37_zps41cfb849.jpg

2 cans of smoke and glossifier

42_zpsa70d1925.jpg

43_zpsb4a25f98.jpg

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to worried about cops ive noticed my handicapped veteran plate to be a good deterrent infact the one time i did get pulled over for doing 75 in a 55 the state trooper didnt even write a citation for speeding he wrote me a misuse of fossil fuels wich here in arizona is not even considered a moving violation it kinda sucked becuase it was a 90 dollar fine

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

have any of you guys tried the smoke over gun metal grey im almost done doing my wheels and i did the grill
do you guys take your wheels off i just tape around the edge of the rims and stuff a bunch of newspaper behind the rim to keep the overspray off the discs and calipers

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in my automotive class at the time so I just took them off. But depending on your wheel design you can put plastic over your calipers and rotors then spray. For your tires put a bunch of tire shine on it and the PD will just peel off after you are done.

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay the panals on the back on boths sides of the cargo door window are normally black did you dip them or did someone make an aftermarket part in different colors to match the rest of the vehicle
I did my tails in Smoke and glossifier.

One can of smoke and glossifier

34_zps10c1fd4f.jpg

37_zps41cfb849.jpg

2 cans of smoke and glossifier

42_zpsa70d1925.jpg

43_zpsb4a25f98.jpg