Truck is finally on track to being back on the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badtothe bone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a shift kit for that model of transmission.

By the way, Shift Kit is a trademark of Transgo and cannot be used with any other brand of transmission overhaul kit. Unless the computer program was updated with a TECH II - you just wasted your time.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a shift kit for that model of transmission.

By the way, Shift Kit is a trademark of Transgo and cannot be used with any other brand of transmission overhaul kit. Unless the computer program was updated with a TECH II - you just wasted your time.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-4L60E-HD2

since when is there no shift kit for a 4l60e? im pretty sure i installed it myself and order if right from Transgo...Justin at Blackbear tuned the trans for it, which is far beyond a Tech II

Truck is going in on Monday most likely..1600 installed..hes converting it to a 4l65e with a 5 pinion planetary, beast sunshell, zpack 3/4 clutch pack, new shift kit and servo (including the extra springs that are only installed if you rip the trans apart), upgraded pump, fixing my trans cooler lines since they are kinked, replacing front output seal on tcase...

ordering my Yank converter tomorrow..TT3000..

hopefully the truck is finished by the end of next week, but theres no hurry since ill be back at home next weekend anyway..cant wait to see how it drives with the converter

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Sweet! I need one too, you talked to a guy at Yank?

yup..the special is $550 shipped for a TT3000..saves about 90 bucks he said

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the TT3000 today...should be about 2 weeks until i get the truck back..converter takes about 10 days they said with building and shipping..and i have to wait on a retune from justin...

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got this in today finally..
WedFeb17124846AmericaChicago2010.jpg
WedFeb17124837AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Dropped the truck off 20 min ago..

Going to be doing front and rear 5 pinion planetarys, shift kit, servo, Beast sunshell, zpack 3/4 clutch pack, pump upgrade and a few other little things..along with fixing a leaking tcase and kinked trans cooler lines..should be done by the end of next week..

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a trans built for the kon last year bored valvebody vette servo red clutches beast sunshell and some other tweakes no shift kit but valvebody is drilled for better flow Trans shops own home brew shift kit I guess u could call it. didnt have a tune for it kind of afraid to it already rip the tires going into 2nd.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a trans built for the kon last year bored valvebody vette servo red clutches beast sunshell and some other tweakes no shift kit but valvebody is drilled for better flow Trans shops own home brew shift kit I guess u could call it. didnt have a tune for it kind of afraid to it already rip the tires going into 2nd.

a tune would probably be the best thing you could do for that trans at this point. Justin told me that without a tune I shouldnt drive it very hard, because it will shift harder then what its ment to do, and can end up messing up the new trans real quick...I would email him and set up a tune..it would make it shift better and preserve it longer, along with adding some more power and driveability to the truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM