Truck is finally on track to being back on the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as some of you know my trans went out on me...after the 6.0 swap my 3.4 clutch pack went out..ive been able to drive it around town with 1/2, but thats about it..i really havent driven it in almost 2 months..

was going to get a flt level 5 trans, but that was 2400 bucks, plus 600 for a converter, then me installing it..

found a local guy with 30 years in the business..

rebuild my trans with all the upgrades, beast sunshell, hd shift kit and servo, upgraded pumps, z pack 3/4 clutch pack...1700 installed with 2 year warrenty..im just glad i dont have to mess with taking it out and putin it back in

also pickin up a Yank Truck Thruster 3000 stall for $550 shipped. They have a special starting on feb 1st..its a great deal..

so for about 2300 installed i have a new built trans and a sweet converter..my buddy is haulin my truck from home up to school so this should be done within 2 weeks..its gonna be nice to be able to just drive it again...the cam will come along soon..may scoop one and bring it with when i go to visit Max and put it in..well see..

also have some new shocks and possibly bumpstops comin from max, so the rear will drop down some and it will ride a hell of alot better...

that is all lol

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im hopin i like it...ive never driven anything with a converter...I talked with yank and they said its a great converter, very tight and good with towing..it will take some getting used to, but it should make the truck quite a bit quicker

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are coming back together for you! If your gonna be there helpin with the install takes some pics! Good luck

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good shit....Cam and blower time :rocking:

lol i think the blower will have to wait for a while...a cam and headers is about all that i will be doing for the rest of the performance...unless i come across some huge deal on a tvs1900...but since im still in school, i need to stop dropin money on the truck lol

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I loved the Yank TT3000 my Silverado had!!! Can't wait to do that mod again! Congrats man! Glad to hear you are getting the Tahoe back on the road!

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you getting those prices on yank 3000? I only ask cuz I'm in the market for a new converter to go with my lq4 build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove