trouble starting after sitting for a bit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where exactlty is the fpr? I dont even know where to look. Ill take a pic of what i thought it was as soon as the rain stops. But if someone could point me to wjere to look

Did you ever look into it more? I'm going to stay out of this one now. I didn't realize the 5.7L had no fuel rail like I'm used to, so it's a very different system, and looks a lot more involved than mine.

Larry

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Archtoker420...
The FPR is toward the back of the upper intake. It's where the fuel lines connect to the intake.
If you take off the upper intake manifold (the black plastic part), you'll see a rectangular box with eight "legs" running to the individual cylinders - this is the "fuel spider assembly". The FPR is integral to the "body" of the spider.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You FPR is inside the upper intake on the right hand side of the fuel injector body, no vac line hooked to it..IMG_1152.JPG
Like i tell everyone pop the throttle body or air cleaner off quickly and take a wiff, if you smell raw gas in their theirs somthing wrong with the spider, The only things that should be going through the upper is Intake air and its farts

Last edited:

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
The upgraded fuel spider has actual injectors at the ends (instead of the poppets pictured above). As such, the upgraded spider has two lines running from the spider per cylinder (fuel and electrical/signal).

YukonandtheHOE... I like your phrasing - "only things...going through the upper is intake air and its farts". The last part had me laughing for real.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upgraded fuel spider has actual injectors at the ends (instead of the poppets pictured above). As such, the upgraded spider has two lines running from the spider per cylinder (fuel and electrical/signal).

YukonandtheHOE... I like your phrasing - "only things...going through the upper is intake air and its farts". The last part had me laughing for real.
Haha yah, EGR is the worst idea ever..
I used a poppet spider so we can see the creature of darkness in its true form lol

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
EGR has a practical purpose...Otherwise it wouldn't have been implemented, right?
I agree with you that it's a very sooty method.

If comparing "engine breathing" to "human breathing", EGR is a TERRIBLE idea.
No one in his/her right mind would want to re-breathe the air that was just expelled.
But as humans, we don't have emissions to deal with to be "road legal".

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going that deep into it, I would recommend doing the spider injector upgrade (if your budget allows)

FPR is Fuel Pressure Regualtor. It is the little thing attached on the passenger side of the spider gear assembly. See video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz