A few questions after owning the yukon for a bit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Hey All, after driving for a bit I have a few ?'s.

1) Is there a way to set my driving lights to be on everytime I get in the car. I shouldn't have to hit the button every time. This lighting switch is not better than a tradtional stalk imo.

2) Is there a button to open the lift gate in the back from the drivers seat? We can't find it, but I am hoping we are just blind.

3) I have turned off and disabled google assistant from the yukon, but the other day a new pop up started from the ******* thing when I start the car. What does someone need to turn off to not get a ******* prompt to login to google when I start the car. This is infuriating to me.

Thanks guys!

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving lights? Do you mean headlights or drls? Drls auto on when vehicle started. Headlights need to be turned on unless its dark outside.

Dont believe there is a button for liftgate to be opened from drivers seat. At least not on my Tahoe LS base trim model.

The software on this rig on above base trim levels is quite quirky and has bugs. Likley the OS giving you a fit. There may be a setting somewhere in your vehicle settiings screen to allow you to turn off the sign in promot.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate button is in the roof console, round button in the center of the tailgate opening height dial.

From the owners manual
1694081651775.png

As for the Google system, I highly suggest you get a Google account and sign in to the system…the whole thing is set up to run that way…without it..you will get prompted endlessly.

Lastly, what do you mean by “Driving Lights?” From what I know this vehicle has Headlamps, both high and low beam; daytime running lamps (DRL); and fog lamps.

DRL’s are on whenever the vehicle is in gear.

Headlamps default to auto operation based on ambient light conditions, including coming on with wipers, when the wipers operate fast enough. You can manually turn the headlamps on or off; the operation resets to Auto when the vehicle shuts down.

Fog lights are operated with the push button in the lighting switch.

The light operation is all described in the owners manual in great detail.

mikepankau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I suspect the headlight question is for the fog lamps. When I'm driving at night, the auto-hi beams are useless b/c I'm always in traffic. I would rather have the fog lamps turn on with the headlamps (or remember their previous state) and not always switch back to auto.

OP
OP
N

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
First off, thanks everyone for their tips and help!

@wallymike I actually read the manual and saw that page and told my wife about the different height options, I thought it was neat and she is short! I didn't know I could PUSH it and make it open ha, I thought it was just to set the height!

I also have a gmail and google account and so does my wife, I just hate that it would need to have anything to do with me driving. I might ask the dealer to go through and change all the needed settings if it is even possible, otherwise maybe I have to give in and sign in! Only if I knew my password...

For the lights, I meant DRL lights and fogs, I live in the valley and am out in the mornings and it is foggy! Just want them to be on, I find the auto on setting isn't really doing it for me and is set to a higher threshold than I like. We rarely drive at night, so maybe I just adjust the switch for daytime driving and in the rare night drives i can switch over to auto.

Thanks everyone!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks everyone for their tips and help!

@wallymike I actually read the manual and saw that page and told my wife about the different height options, I thought it was neat and she is short! I didn't know I could PUSH it and make it open ha, I thought it was just to set the height!

I also have a gmail and google account and so does my wife, I just hate that it would need to have anything to do with me driving. I might ask the dealer to go through and change all the needed settings if it is even possible, otherwise maybe I have to give in and sign in! Only if I knew my password...

For the lights, I meant DRL lights and fogs, I live in the valley and am out in the mornings and it is foggy! Just want them to be on, I find the auto on setting isn't really doing it for me and is set to a higher threshold than I like. We rarely drive at night, so maybe I just adjust the switch for daytime driving and in the rare night drives i can switch over to auto.

Thanks everyone!
It is easy to miss, but is in the Owners Manual.

Attachments

• 1694116325992.png
    1694116325992.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 8

scott53

Reaction score
I found YouTube videos much more helpful than the owner's manual when trying to learn how to use all the features of my '23 Tahoe.

OP
OP
N

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
For everyone thinking "just connect your account" is a good solution.

Automakers and these tech companies need to be harshly and permanently punished. These programs are not to help the user.

I have emailed my dealer to ask if its possible to sign something that limits my shared data, and also how to stop those damn google prompts! I'll let you guys know if there is any solution, but I sorta don't think there will be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts