A few questions after owning the yukon for a bit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone thinking "just connect your account" is a good solution.

Automakers and these tech companies need to be harshly and permanently punished. These programs are not to help the user.

I have emailed my dealer to ask if its possible to sign something that limits my shared data, and also how to stop those damn google prompts! I'll let you guys know if there is any solution, but I sorta don't think there will be.
Got news for ya, if you have a smart phone...you are already spamming so much digital footprint out there it is insane...I work in IT industry...turst me, I know...I try to limit mine too...but reality is...its almost impossible these days...
Worst part is, there are cams and computers all over the car...ever cause an injury, you can bet there will be a subpoena to get the data so the injured's lawyer can fry you more.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got news for ya, if you have a smart phone...you are already spamming so much digital footprint out there it is insane...I work in IT industry...turst me, I know...I try to limit mine too...but reality is...its almost impossible these days...
Worst part is, there are cams and computers all over the car...ever cause an injury, you can bet there will be a subpoena to get the data so the injured's lawyer can fry you more.
I still have tape over my laptop's and cellphone front facing cameras lol. Def not ready to login to my car. The cellphone is enough as you said!

OP
OP
N

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I don't have a smart phone! Got rid of my iphone last year, I am much more engaged with my family and a lot happier!

I do acknowledge everything I have is somewhere online though, I just hate it, and have to try to fight it where I can, even if futile! I tape my cameras on computers like @the18thletter does. My wife doesn't do anything though and from what I understand they can get info on me just by being in the same room at this point. So it's a losing battle, but I am fighting it!!:D

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Automakers and these tech companies need to be harshly and permanently punished. These programs are not to help the user.

I have emailed my dealer to ask if its possible to sign something that limits my shared data, and also how to stop those damn google prompts! I'll let you guys know if there is any solution, but I sorta don't think there will be.
I always find it humorous when people complain about there data being shared. privacy is pretty much non-existent anymore, if you have a phone, smart phone, internet service, satellite service, home security, wifi or anything else like a alexa, or ring, or basically anything, then you can rest assured you are a walking microphone and multiplexing data source.
and there is nothing you can do about it.
can you opt out? sure, but that data is still there and is still being used albeit perhaps anonymously in some part.
and don't forget if you visit a family member or friend or go to any store or business, that opt out doesn't count anymore because now you just shared your info anyway like it or not.
want privacy? go in a dead zone or carry no electronics on your person walk, ride a bike, use cash only, paint your face so the AI cannot recognize you.
even then your gait can give you away....

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That will never happen.

What really should happen is a universal basic income derived from the sale and use of an individual's data. Let us get something for the fact they make billions off of it. But sadly that would take a populace that actually understood such things.

We live in a digital world. Not being plugged in is like not having a social security number. Is it possible ? Sure but your experience will be hampered as a result.

I need my smart phone for work. It's my main computer. Couldn't imagine not being able to have it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
That will never happen.

What really should happen is a universal basic income derived from the sale and use of an individual's data. Let us get something for the fact they make billions off of it. But sadly that would take a populace that actually understood such things.

We live in a digital world. Not being plugged in is like not having a social security number. Is it possible ? Sure but your experience will be hampered as a result.

I need my smart phone for work. It's my main computer. Couldn't imagine not being able to have it.
I got rid of my smart phone but I am in a unique situation. I live on the property I work at, and can come in and check my computer whenever I want for emails. My wife and our manager also have smart phones and can handle the emails and digital end.

I spend all day outside and I love it. I forget my phone now a lot of times I've become so disconnected. With the pro's come the "cons", which are I don't really talk to people anymore since I can't really text easily, no videos, no links to share etc.... But I don't mind and have found I am happier focusing on my family and business rather than other peoples crap. I live in a small town, and my neighbors and guys I do random projects with, will just stop on over when they see my car around or me on some sort of equipment.

@doyoubelieve, yes you are right. BUT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!! Keep fighting, be the squeaky wheel, put yourself out there for the things you want to see happen. I am fighting a war by myself, against faceless billions that I never have even a slight chance of winning. But my little girls will see me do it, and I hope one day they stick to their guns on something important to them because of it. Or maybe they think I'm an idiot and get chipped and use brain computers when they grow up, who knows!

**edit-- this post makes me look like some kind of weird anti-tech preacher and I really am not like that in general, but you guys have caught me on a topic that frustrates me!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my smart phone but I am in a unique situation. I live on the property I work at, and can come in and check my computer whenever I want for emails. My wife and our manager also have smart phones and can handle the emails and digital end.

I spend all day outside and I love it. I forget my phone now a lot of times I've become so disconnected. With the pro's come the "cons", which are I don't really talk to people anymore since I can't really text easily, no videos, no links to share etc.... But I don't mind and have found I am happier focusing on my family and business rather than other peoples crap. I live in a small town, and my neighbors and guys I do random projects with, will just stop on over when they see my car around or me on some sort of equipment.

@doyoubelieve, yes you are right. BUT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!! Keep fighting, be the squeaky wheel, put yourself out there for the things you want to see happen. I am fighting a war by myself, against faceless billions that I never have even a slight chance of winning. But my little girls will see me do it, and I hope one day they stick to their guns on something important to them because of it. Or maybe they think I'm an idiot and get chipped and use brain computers when they grow up, who knows!

**edit-- this post makes me look like some kind of weird anti-tech preacher and I really am not like that in general, but you guys have caught me on a topic that frustrates me!
you better off de-tech-ing as you have been doing, there is just too much data logging going on to put a stop to it. my data is a mirage anyway lol being self employed I do sometimes hundreds of searches a day for everything from a-z so my information is a giant puzzle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel