Tranny Bout gone 4L60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up fam I think my Transmission is busted because 3rd and 4th is shot. But anyway I'm taking my Hoe to my local shop to have her rebuilt in the next couple of days. Question is what should I have done to her since it'll be taken apart.
Thanks

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
When I did mine I just told em to make it good for towing. Played dirt cheap aswell:)

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's about was the going prices for these jobs. I'm in Metro Atlanta thanks.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did this one last?
What are your needs? As in do you tow? DO you beat on it? Lots of stop and go?
Do you have a trans cooler yet?

Most auto rebuilds are going to run anywhere from $1,500 all the way to $3,000 on a 4l60e. It depends on what you need fixed in the trans, and what parts you upgrade.

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Badmunky I got 165,000 on that bad baby and yes I do tow or haul my detail equipment water tank, pressure washer etc. Also I do a lot of stop and go daily. Oh forgot to mention I drive hard so I'm thinking vette servo and maybe shift kit. It's going in Friday.
Thanks fam

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Upgrade the internals to the 5 pinion input planetary, also get "The Beast" sunshell the corvette servo, upgraded 3-4 accumulator piston, larger diameter boost valve (.500) I think, raybestos zpak clutch kit. R/v torque converter or low stall speed torque converter. Have the shift servos replaced too. To start with, also make sure you use the dex 6 fluid, or an aftermarket alternative. Upgrade your trans cooler while you're at it.

I got my corvette servo, 3-4 accumulator piston and boost valve in a kit from eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660