Trade In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time lurker first time posting. I have to vent! I have an 07 Yukon SLE 4x4 with about 115k miles. It has the following dealership options, 20 inch wheels, chrome running boards, dvd system, window visors and GM Performance exhaust. It is very well kept, almost in perfect condition! I decided to go Tahoe shopping and I received a lowball offer of 7.5k and then another at 9k as a trade in for my truck. Am I missing something or did I seriously get low balled??? I almost kicked the salesman in his throat!!! LOL. I figured I would get no less than 13k. Thanks for hearing me out!yukon.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed it was common knowledge that trade-in value was the lowest value you could possibly get out of your vehicle :shrug: So were you low-balled? No necessarily. The dealer isn't in the business of give you retail money for your vehicle. Now, if an individual had made you that offer with it sitting with a for sale sign in your driveway then yes you were low balled. If you want 13k, I'd suggest making a CL ad and try your luck that way ;)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An offer is merely an offer. Generally speaking, it's their job to offer less and your job to negotiate for more.

Did you counter or negotiate in any way?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An offer is merely an offer. Generally speaking, it's their job to offer less and your job to negotiate for more.

Did you counter or negotiate in any way?
either way he won't get anywhere near 13k for trade in value. At most 9k. Private sale could be 13-15k probably

Tonka Boater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but $9k is a good trade offer for your vehicle. $7.5k is about average. My guess is you'd be looking at $12k tops for a private sale. It all comes down to supply and demand...these are common vehicles so the supply is high. Yours is in good condition so it would sell quicker than the competition...but that doesn't add to value.

I did a TON of research before purchasing my Denali and your offers are in line.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long story short sell private or drive her till she dies

OP
OP
Fred_e81

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the response fellas. I guess I'm just too attached to let her go so cheaply. I think I'm gonna take ISU-152 advice and just enjoy her. Once again, thanks!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response fellas. I guess I'm just too attached to let her go so cheaply. I think I'm gonna take ISU-152 advice and just enjoy her. Once again, thanks!
Seems very reasonable to me honestly. Kinda why I still have our 07 burb. We've had it 6+ years now (about 4 years longer than I normally keep any DD) but upgrading doesn't make sense and doesn't accomplish anything other than unnecessarily spend more money. We are about to turn 180k miles. It still looks good and is impeccably maintained in every facet. It'll have over 300k on it before we get ready to do something else for the wife to tote the kids around in. Just not worth it financially to do anything else.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks so nice anyways. Maybe look into some mods to peak your interest a little more

OP
OP
Fred_e81

Fred_e81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys aren't going to believe what just happened!!!! Earlier this morning I got a text from the sales man at the dealership asking what he had to do to get my business. I told him I wanted 13k for mine, 20 inch factory rims plus the arranged price of $44500 out the door. I knew that I was pushing my luck and that they would probably say no. He called back about 30 minutes ago telling me that they can do 13k plus 44,500 OTD but not the 20 inch rims. I told him to swap my rims and tires for the new rims and tires since my tires are only 1 year old. He called back and said that he could do that. This guy pulled what I had thought was the impossible!!! Ill be picking it up later this evening. Hopefully they don't change their minds. I recorded the entire conversation and asked him to send me the paperwork stating the deal to my email so that I do not waste my time driving out there just be told that never happened. There was a lot of back and forth for about 2 weeks but I believe it was well worth it!

The new one is a 2016 Tahoe LS Tungsten Metallic. Its a not a 4X4, I never used ours anyways. Ill post pics later on to see what you guys think of it with my old GMC wheels on it. I think I scored, what do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz