Traction control/stabilitrak off issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JB did the cel light come back on? or did the reset fix the issue? just ordered the autocal from justing and hoping it fixes the issue

Nate807

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been having the same problems as a lot of people it seems with the stabilitrak, traction control, reduced engine power and CEL lately. What started out a couple weeks ago as an occasional thing turned into a daily routine of starting my Yukon 3 times before I wouldn't get the stabilitrak/traction control/reduced engine power and actually be able to accelerate. My symptoms were the messages followed by a rough ride. When I finally came to a stop it was a rough idle and almost like I was gonna rear end the car in front of me with no control, RPMs were going crazy...just a bad situation and pretty unsafe. I cleaned the MAF sensor and for about a week I had no problems, the CEL even went away. A couple days ago the exact same things started happening and I went to O'Reilly to have them check my codes. I got P2135 - Throttle Position TP Sensor 1-2 Correlation and the option of paying $130 for the part (not bad). Before I made any rash decisions I was just gonna try to clean the throttle body and see what happened but before I could a buddy of mine told me about a "service bulletin" for the TPS (Bulletin No: 11-06-04-007B). I called up my local GM dealer and told them about it and they replaced it for free so I saved the $190 they were going to charge me. I have only had it for a day but so far, so good. If it happens again I will keep y'all updated, but for now fingers crossed that it's fixed.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ethanol percentage reset solved my issues. They haven't returned at all in the two months or so since I did the reset.

TPS issues, while crappy, are an entirely different problem. Glad you got it fixed for free though, that's always nice. :pepper:

Ladytruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon.
I am getting an intermittent Stabilitrack off/Traction Control Off, then Service Stabilitrack Service
Traction Control Light Message with the traction Contol Light. Truck runs fine. No Check Engine Light.
Generally light goes out on restart after truck sits for a while.
May run a day or two and then I get the light again.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Yukon.
I am getting an intermittent Stabilitrack off/Traction Control Off, then Service Stabilitrack Service
Traction Control Light Message with the traction Contol Light. Truck runs fine. No Check Engine Light.
Generally light goes out on restart after truck sits for a while.
May run a day or two and then I get the light again.
Thoughts?

I bet if you connect a OBD II scanner a code will pop up. Mine use to do this all the time and never had the check engine light come on. My camshaft positioning sensor was bad and would turn the stabilitrack light on. Every couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcajunjoker

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't read everything but I had the same issues and it was an accelerator pedal. Stability track, traction control off and reduce engine power. I told a friend the code and he instantly said, gas pedal. He stopped at the dealership and picked one up for $58 and. It was. 2 bolts and a plug and it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladytruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stabiiitrack/Traction Control

Thanks for the input.
I'll try to get ahold go an OBOII Scanner.
Can anyone anyone recommend a reasonably priced Scanner that can communicate with the
stabilitrack system? I am not getting a check engine light.

Last edited:

Ladytruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I located a Service Bulletin that stated if you get a Stabilitrack message and the code indicates replace Steering Wheel Position Sensor that corrosion in the connector of the sensor needs to be cleaned and reassembled with dielectric grease. Of course the dealer didn't tell me the code and wanted $200 to clean the connector or $400+ to replace it. If I can find the connector I'll try this fix but I'm not prepared to disassemble the steering column. I don't mind paying for the repair but don't want to get into a cycle of replacing parts and hoping the issue will go away.

d-alex-l

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started getting the Stabilitrac and ABS warning lights. Used 3 different apps on my Android to read the codes using a bluetooth OBDII connector and came up with zero codes. I do not have an aftermarket intake. The first warning came up within a week after taking the truck through a car wash for the first time since I have owned it, so I wonder if the undercarriage sprayers could have affected something that took a couple days to develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA