'05 Z71 Traction Control, Abs and Parking Brake lights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1000003080.jpg

Sup guys, back again with my roommates late fathers truck we have been fixing.

ABS light and Parking Brake lights were on, and shuddering the passenger brake caliper coming to a stop.

( Whole suspension, front and back, rotors and pads, suspension and shocks, tires and everything are all brand new. Calipers seem to function fine so they didn't get replaced. Brake fluid is dark and will be flushed eventually once I find out how to do it properly given the ABS system, brakes work but are soft so I assume the trash fluid is the issue. Reservoir is full, no leaks )

Pulled the ABS fuse in the interior fuse box temporarily, installed new Hubs with Abs fuses and a quick test driving backwards after the ABS functioned fine. Drove for two days and no more lights.

Now however the ABS, Parking Brake, and now Traction Control light comes on. Testing again driving backwards shows ABS doesn't function.

This issue however comes and goes.

When the three lights are on, the T/C button doesn't turn the light off. However after cycling the keys on and off the lights will disappear. Then I can manually turn traction control on and off.

Just looking for a suggestions, apparently it can be the ABS module, or Air pump? Maybe electrical or ground issues, but if anyone has delt with this issue before please I'm all ears.

Traction Control light didn't come on before the new hubs.

Thanks!

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To maximize diagnostic efforts, use a scanner that can read the codes that are setting the lights on the cluster. Post them up here along with a pic of the cluster when it's looking like a Christmas tree.
Understood. I don't have a scanner that can read brake codes. Any suggestions?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Tech 2 would be ideal. See this link for a list of forum members who have one; if you're anywhere near them see about getting together. There's a link in the first post:

Otherwise some of the auto parts stores have scanners that will read more than the engine codes; maybe call around and ask if they have one that can read ABS codes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Fless suggested, get a quality bi-directional scanner (~$300-$400) so that you can do a proper in-depth diagnosis of your issue (and future issues). Otherwise, you will spend as much or more money on the parts cannon, than you would have spent on the scanner, and maybe still not have the issue resolved.

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
finally found someone with a scanner.

Cleared codes and this is all of what came back.1000003191.jpg1000003192.jpg1000003193.jpg1000003194.jpg1000003190.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a lot of codes.

When I see this many codes, I suspect an electrical problem. I’d check all your ground connections.

^^ This ^^

Also have the battery load tested, inspect the main power cables (+ and -), and test the alternator.

It might be helpful to expand one of the codes to see if you can post Freeze Frame data for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts