This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progressing slow due to weather, truck is outside in my RV space, and snow and rain have hampered progress. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day here in UT. I’ll be back at it, need to install the oil cooler housing, new GM lines, oil pan, and balancer, at least that’s the goal for tomorrow.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the oil pan back on, felpro gasket, got the oil cooler adapter on with new gaskets, also new GM oil lines. I also started to pull the power steering pulley, only to find that it’s leaking from the pump shaft, so I ordered a new BBB unit from rock auto.
IMG_9675.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a decent day. Got the passenger inner fender well on, had to cut and modify the body/radiator mount a bit to make it level and even with the driver side, mocked up the radiator support. Then I got a delivery, my balancer installer came, got the balancer on, cleaned up the pulley and painted it.
I also received the new power steering pump, so I got that installed, as well as the new lines for it.
IMG_9676.jpegIMG_9677.jpeg

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a new PS pulley to go in, but ran out of time. I also had to disassemble the exhaust pipes to get access to the old transmission lines, just waiting on new lines for those.

Also forgot, got the new water pump installed, and a new thermostat.

Things will start progressing fast now. I also still need to order the Rough Country 6” lift kit, and get my front diff over to the driveline shop and have them do all the seals, I could do it myself but I’m limited on time, easier for them to do it

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The update: so I got the power steering pump on, need to put the pulley on on, new lines are also in and attached to the new rebuilt 83 steering box unit.

I also got a new alternator, I picked a 140 amp that said would fit, there are 2 issues. #1 it’s a square plug, can I convert my plug to this square plug? Issue #2, it’s not quite fitting due to the small metal hose for the heater core, any ideas on that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk