Thinking about adding led light bar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scot moore

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding an led light bar for when I am at my parents farm. Not sure yet which way I want to go. I am debating about mounting one behind the grille, or maybe modding the lower number grille removing the tow hooks, and fully covering that area with a mesh grille. Something like this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/352238873495

I would mount the light bar behind that. Both of these options would keep the Yukon pretty close to looking stock. The 3rd way I was thinking is doing something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0637NQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nVtBAb54BDBNT

This is for a 2012 Yukon Denali. Color Black.
This mod is going to be used off road only, camping, on the farm ect... thoughts? I can’t decide if I like the bull bars on the Yukons. On some trucks and suvs I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I will say that mounting behind the grill will take some of the " punch " out of the light bar... but still plenty bright. The smaller the mesh the worse I imagine it would be.

I have a 42" 800W curved LED light bar mounted behind the lower grill of my '08 Burb LTZ.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/kbuskills-2008-burb-ltz-mod-thread.100141/

Here is a link to my "build" thread if you want more info or to see pics of the light bar installed.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have seen you suburban and like the light bar behind the grill. Looks nice. Not as noticeable as on mounted in front. I have the Denali though and not sure how well the bar will do behind my upper grille. That is one reason I thought about going custom with the lower one. I was even thinking of designing a pair of mini ones that would attach to the two hooks and fill in that area. They would have a quick release on them so you would still have use of the tow hooks if needed. I decided against this since I don’t have the time to do it, and other solutions appeal to me more.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have seen you suburban and like the light bar behind the grill. Looks nice. Not as noticeable as on mounted in front. I have the Denali though and not sure how well the bar will do behind my upper grille. That is one reason I thought about going custom with the lower one. I was even thinking of designing a pair of mini ones that would attach to the two hooks and fill in that area. They would have a quick release on them so you would still have use of the tow hooks if needed. I decided against this since I don’t have the time to do it, and other solutions appeal to me more.

Thanks... the lower you mount the light bar... the more visible variations in the roads surface become... kinda like fog lights.

Or do both... behind the grill and in the bumper. You could do a yellow lens on the one in the bumper to give better lighting in foggy condition.

I actually need to adjust mine down slightly.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I keep trying to decide if I want to put. Bull bar on the Yukon. I have seen some pictures and they are nice. I do like things to look like they were made for the car though and not something thrown on there.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
The vender says it won’t fit, but researching bars, and front hitches the ones that fit the Sierra and Silverado typically fit the Yukons too. I am pretty confident if it doesn’t bolt up directly it would take very little modification to make it fit. Just for fun I photoshopped it to my Yukon.

62c9b1a89694f541935ceabccd029afb.jpg

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I am also thinking about something like this. I can add whatever light bar I want then.

8002ebff56f0d74b7302a82b12912e23.jpg

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vender says it won’t fit, but researching bars, and front hitches the ones that fit the Sierra and Silverado typically fit the Yukons too. I am pretty confident if it doesn’t bolt up directly it would take very little modification to make it fit. Just for fun I photoshopped it to my Yukon.

62c9b1a89694f541935ceabccd029afb.jpg

I like this. Interested to see if you get it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645