The Mystery of the heated seat issue has been solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade

Reaction score
My driver one is now shutting off, and I noticed, when I bounce in the seat, it shuts off. Shorted wire?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver one is now shutting off, and I noticed, when I bounce in the seat, it shuts off. Shorted wire?

It might be but might also be something shorting out in the heat pad! Probably the best thing to do would be to take apart the seat and see the condition of the heat pads!! That's what I'm gonna do next week, I wanna solve my problem with the drivers seat!

joe90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year tahoe did you solve the issue?
You may have solved your issue but many of us have not. Different years have different set ups. I have heated seats in mine but the element is within the cover that you remove.. My wires go to the cover , not the cushion. You have NOT solved the issue that we ALL are having. Period! Where does a person by a replacement heating element for a PRE-2000 TAHOE!

Last edited:

coop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess you get what you pay for on a free forum Joe.

SASDakota

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year tahoe did you solve the issue?
You may have solved your issue but many of us have not. Different years have different set ups. I have heated seats in mine but the element is within the cover that you remove.. My wires go to the cover , not the cushion. You have NOT solved the issue that we ALL are having. Period! Where does a person by a replacement heating element for a PRE-2000 TAHOE!

Maybe look in the pre-2000 forum section... :signs75:

<<<< I'm the retard here, this thread is a few years old. I just found it looking at heated pad replacements.

Last edited:

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
I had my leather replaced seat bottom replaced and the element changed too to remedy this problem on my truck. The shop showed me the old one and it looked pretty burnt, but the problem still persisted on the driver side...think it could be the seat back?

kev92gt

Reaction score
My 03 has the same issue but both seats has issues. Shuts off with in 60 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts