Tahoe died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustinh

Reaction score
Not sure what's going but left for a family vaca in the Nc mountains and made it across the moutain to Hendersonville and got stopped in traffic. Once it started moving the truck was fine and then traffic stopped again. Once it started moving the truck said I'm staying right here. All my gauges were fine. No warning lights no nothing. Truck wouldn't start. Any ideas?? It's an 02 with less than 170k on it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
So I'm being told that it's definitely electrical not mechanical but don't know what it is yet. Will reply back when I know what's going on

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
So just got the call from the mechanic and the motor is locked up

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2 and 1/2 hours it went from electrical to mechanical, a whole motor? I think you are out of town and these guys think they have you over a barrel. It must have thrown some codes, ask them for the trouble codes. And ask what they mean by the motor locked up?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that a while back, turned out to be electrical. Alternator wasn't charging the battery and my voltage regulator went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar