04 Escalade Overcharge+Battery Drain +Guage Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spawkus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Recent problems with my 2004 Escalade 6Litre

1. Dead Battery Charged up noticed charging spike on my meter (18 volts) and on the dash gauges. The truck starts and runs fine but loses gauge displays and power windows within about 30 seconds of running.

2. Also noticed nasty draw when reconnecting battery. (No aftermarket Stereo ) Have isolated the the battery cables for the evening hoping to reset Body Control Module.

3. Cant use a code reader as the 15 amp cigarette lighter keeps popping fuses

4. I may try to refresh ECM by grounding the positive battery cable on the negative post (which cleared codes on a non starting MDX a while back.

My big question is What would cause the Amp Gauge to Spike and then lose all power to the Gauges and the Widows?

Any and All Ideas Gratefully Appreciated

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. 2 things to check. What is battery voltage when truck is running versus not running? Have you checked your ground cables? I had a similar issue where my alternator was overcharging. I replaced it and problem solved. These rigs are known to have grounding issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts