Power cut out - low fluxing fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

findog78

Reaction score
Pre history - Had some electrical issues in November. Came out in the morning to start it, 4 gauges not working nor the digital display and the battery acted dead not turning over. (Had cluster rebuilt last tear.) Jumped it and ran fine, started fine, but still no gauges or display. Gave me similar issues all during hunting season so I carried one of those pocket jump starters. Dash would work again then not. 4x4 button also cut out and would lock me in 4 low. Checked volts had 14V, battery connections, side post threads were stripping and changed to the top post where stereo is connected. Also ran it out of gas heading down the mountain. Added 5 gallons, no start. Drained battery again trying to start it. Left to get more fuel, came back 2 hours later, added 3 more gallons and it fired right up. Ran like a champ all the way home. I bought a new battery and had no issued since.
Now - came out to start and no power or lights at all. Turned key off and tried again. This time had power again, but idles for a second then died. This continued, as I had to be some where I drove it anyway. Once I got moving it seemed to drive normal. Until I stopped then having to put it in neutral and feather pedal to keep it running until light turned green. Left it for a week used my other car. Came out to try it and idled and seem to run fine? So I took off, got on it going down the down the block, no issues. Turned at stop light and all power cut out in the dash and cab for one second and died. I put in neutral, started it on go and the cutting out dying was back. Turned around and parked it.
Searched and read several threads mostly old, with similar issued but nothing the same or definite fix. I checked fuel pressure and on start up it idles 48-50 psi. When I stab the pedal it goes to 50-52. When I hold it at 3K it drops to 40-42 and holds. When I let off the pedal it drops down to idle about 45psi, there when it sputters at idle it shoots to 48.
Some thread says low 40's is normal at driving speed. I've looked for corroded and loose grounds, I'm not seeing anything. I feel like its definitely electrical related, due to the power cutting, but the symptoms feel like fuel delivery? No CEL are on. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan