Suburban 2500 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whelp, pulled the trigger. Now the owner of a Burb.

Hope the wife loves her as much as she does our 2000 Tahoe LT!

Only bad is the original owners kept very little history of their scheduled maintenance.

I'm going to just start going through it like I have been taking care of her since the beginning.

I'm going to service the tranny on Monday. With 165k on it, it would be a bad idea to flush the transmission correct? I was thinking of just dropping the pan, new filter and fluid, and a new gasket.

What else would you experts do? The rear diff seal and fluid was new in 1/2017 and both rear axel seals we're replaced on the same ticket.

New AC Compressor at 145k.

Thanks in advance,
The good is the truck should have a 4l80. Mileage should not be an issue. The gasket on the trans is reusable if it has the metal inserts so you may want to hang onto it. It doesn't take much torque to make it seal..I would drop the pan and do fluid and filter.

Welcome and we love pics lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

bigT63

Reaction score
I want a 2500 Burb soooooooo bad! My dream truck family hauler! Would love to get a high mileage southern beauty and send it to Duraburb for a Duramax conversion!

That’s exactly what I’d do. I wouldn’t mind about high mileage, drive it till the socks fell off and send it to DuraBurb for a Dmax conversion!!!

That 2500 suburban sits on the truck chassis which is a solid platform to begin with. The 2500 Work trucks I’ve had survive the beating from me and I’m rough on vehicles.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good looking out @Tonyrodz but not an NNBS fan. I’d get a NBS 03-06 so Duraburb could drop an LBZ swap in her
I hear ya. Customer of mine found a 2500 03 suburban with only 70,000 on it, but it's rusted to hell, which he's repairing. It's whole life was spent at a marina moving boats around. So I can only imagine what it looks like underneath. I posted a pic on here a few months ago.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! What year 2500 did you get?

The Suburban is the grand daddy of trucks, been around since the 1930s, the longest continuous production auto in GMs history. Folks forget that the Suburbans are the regular length trucks and the Tahoes and Yukons are the shorties! I always wanted a GMC Suburban but they changed the name on me before I could get one! I wanted a 2500 too but that'll have to wait for another day and when that day arrives, it's getting a Duramax and Allison transmission.

If you don't post up some photos soon, folks are going to start disbelieving ya!

Cole123456

Reaction score
wait.. are the 2500 models that rare? i have a 2003 Yukon XL 2500 with quadrasteer.... that i use as my "extra" vehicle.. i think it has like 135k miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts