2007 Suburban 2500 Grill Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTCburb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '07 2500 Suburban that over the last 2 years I've been tinkering with building it to just what I want for a fun hunting trip/fishing/dog hauling/etc truck. The burb also gets used at least once/year to run PA to the Rockies to visit and/or hunt & fish with my kids. Highlights of what I've done so far are a mild lift, aftermarket wheels, some interior mods and just got it back together from rebuilding the stock 6.0L in to essentially a 383 stroker.

Now it's time for some more exterior add-ons. First thing I'm looking for is a full grill guard. Where I live, deer collisions are a fact of life. I've run grill guards on a number of my 2500 work trucks and some of my wife's SUV's. I have plenty of deer collisions (unfortunately) to know that grill guards can help significantly at moderate speeds. The run out west in the fall would be a little less stressful with a grill guard.

I've spoke with Real Truck, they say they have nothing that fits a 2500 burd, despite a number of options claiming it does when I click on them. I've tried a number of manufacturer's direct web sites, all say no longer available. I've contacted Go Industries directly, they say they won't make one any longer. I have an email in to Ranch Hand.

Anyone have any other ideas or know, first hand, of a still available grill guard for a 1500 burb that will bolt up on a 2500? Anyone know if the frame spacing and tow hook bolt arrangement is the same on a 1500 and a 2500? If the frame width is the same but there is minor bolt hole differences, I have metal fabricating and welding ability to make my own mounts. I just need to know that the guard upright spacing will work. Or as a last resort, anyone know of a place I could find a used one, exact fit, for a 2500?

Pics of truck, just for the heck of it.
IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I can see why you'd want to protect it.

Stand by as I'm sure someone around here has the answer to your question. Good luck with your project.

16floz470ml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a 2010 retired GSA silver 2500 Suburban. I bought a used front grille guard off a tahoe from a police auction. It is from Go Industries. The brackets that came with it were wrong so I called the business up, the guy they put on the phone with me was a total ahole. Just basically said all that shit is too old so f off. I said, well sir I have your catalog here and I have part numbers. He said that he couldn't help me. So I go on their web site and put the old part number in that I found, and it pulls up a bracket kit that cost $105. I ordered it and it is a perfect fit. I will try to post some pics. Also with this bracket kit, you can mount I think about four different brush guards. I really like the Big Tex One, but the one I got was only $250 and it is fully welded.

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You were able to buy that guard for $250? I have been looking for exact but can't find anything near that price. I've tried Go Industries but nothing near that price. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
R

RTCburb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got a 2010 retired GSA silver 2500 Suburban. I bought a used front grille guard off a tahoe from a police auction. It is from Go Industries. The brackets that came with it were wrong so I called the business up, the guy they put on the phone with me was a total ahole. Just basically said all that shit is too old so f off. I said, well sir I have your catalog here and I have part numbers. He said that he couldn't help me. So I go on their web site and put the old part number in that I found, and it pulls up a bracket kit that cost $105. I ordered it and it is a perfect fit. I will try to post some pics. Also with this bracket kit, you can mount I think about four different brush guards. I really like the Big Tex One, but the one I got was only $250 and it is fully welded.

We probably talked to the same yahoo at Go Industries. I called them to see what they could still make for my '07 Suburban and he pretty much laughed at me and dusted me off.
I didn't have much better luck with Ranch Hand or any of several other manufacturers I directly contacted either.

You're bracket info should be a big help. I think I'll order it and do a bit more research on which Big Tex guard to order. You don't happen to know the year of the Tahoe your guard came off of do you?

16floz470ml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You were able to buy that guard for $250? I have been looking for exact but can't find anything near that price. I've tried Go Industries but nothing near that price. Any help would be appreciated.
I got it off ebay. They have police auction stuff on there all the time. I also just scored the old style Z71 roof rack with a roller in the back for it too.

16floz470ml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We probably talked to the same yahoo at Go Industries. I called them to see what they could still make for my '07 Suburban and he pretty much laughed at me and dusted me off.
I didn't have much better luck with Ranch Hand or any of several other manufacturers I directly contacted either.

You're bracket info should be a big help. I think I'll order it and do a bit more research on which Big Tex guard to order. You don't happen to know the year of the Tahoe your guard came off of do you?
It was off a 07-14 1/2 ton police tahoe. The brackets that came with it did not work for a 2500. I found one of their old catalogs somewhere online. It has information about our trucks and how they used to make all these parts. Gives you part numbers, and is how I was able to see this bracket was for a 2500 Suburban and some other stuff

StuDawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! I did a little digging and found the part number for the guard for the GMT900 2500 Suburban in the 2021 catalog...

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 9.17.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 9.16.59 PM.png

Part number: 46734

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660