Stumped the dealerships today need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: fuel issues, if it passed a pressure and leakdown test, that usually rules out a fuel issue. GM does have test procedures for testing the actual injectors (injector coil test and the other is called a balance test, I think) that will let you know if you have a poppet issue. They shouldn't be "guessing" that you have bad injectors, in other words.

I'd hate to see them throwing parts at it on your dime. What do they want to look at by pulling the lower intake...the lifters?

Did they do a compression test on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on the compression test but id think they would have especially with 2 techs from 2 different dealerships looked at it. I figured they would want to pull the intake and see if fuel is puddling around the fuel spider or check injectors. Im hoping that its a ****** fuel pump and thats the end of it lol. Its gotten noisy the last few days.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ok...the upper intake.

I misread your earlier post and thought you said lower intake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is another update. Ive figured out that when i get in and start it, if i wait about 2 min after i start it it will drive and run fine. No bogging down, no sputtering. Id think that shows there might be reason to go with the leaking fuel theroy right?

Oh and I did order a defouler for the o2 sensor to try and get the check engine light out.

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this happened today. Check engine light went out. Took it to auto zone and no codes pulled up. Wtf i think my rig is bipolar

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this happened today. Check engine light went out. Took it to auto zone and no codes pulled up. Wtf i think my rig is bipolar

37f666a10d1ad5612c29b9d383b85570.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it decided you needed a break for a change, lol.

Does it still turn on when you first start it?

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it decided you needed a break for a change, lol.

Does it still turn on when you first start it?

Yep just stays on for a few secs like normal then goes off. Seems like it is running rough at idle almost like a miss. But it could just be me

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My theory is, if you have to throw parts at a vehicle, start with the cheapest part and work from there. It might not always fix the issue, but in the case with my son's truck, he has all new engine electronics now. LOL. BTW his issue was actually caused by a bad injector wire. We ended up cutting the wire at the ECM and running a new wire to the injector. Problem solved.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In light of the most recent info, I'm leaning towards a lack of fuel. So, agreeing with Jim (and whomever else).

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More info lol. So its going back to the dealership Saturday but im adding this to the list of symptoms. Pulled the middle spark plug on the passenger side this am and it smelled like raw fuel but wasn't wet. Possible leaking injector?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts