New here. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franko2023

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's it going y'all. Just bought a pretty decent 04 Tahoe for $700 off a buddy. I've spent near that trying to get it running right and I'm out of ideas. So I'm here looking for some insight. It had shifting issues so I replaced all the solenoids and shifter module. Needed a tune up so all new plugs, wires and coil packs. Also replaced the crankshaft sensor. Had a pcv hose dry rotted so replaced it too. It idles perfect. If you hit the gas soft and stay steady it runs fine. But if you give it any more than that it bottoms out bad. Gonna change the MAP sensors today.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1024864286.jpg
    Snapchat-1024864286.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 2

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
How's it going y'all. Just bought a pretty decent 04 Tahoe for $700 off a buddy. I've spent near that trying to get it running right and I'm out of ideas. So I'm here looking for some insight. It had shifting issues so I replaced all the solenoids and shifter module. Needed a tune up so all new plugs, wires and coil packs. Also replaced the crankshaft sensor. Had a pcv hose dry rotted so replaced it too. It idles perfect. If you hit the gas soft and stay steady it runs fine. But if you give it any more than that it bottoms out bad. Gonna change the MAP sensors today.
No codes? You sure you dont have another vacuum leak anywhere? Could take a can of carb clean brake clean or starter fluid or I’ve seen people use propane and just spray it around the hoses or intake manifold and look for gasket leaks you would hear the idle surge when you find it.

OP
OP
F

Franko2023

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No codes? You sure you dont have another vacuum leak anywhere? Could take a can of carb clean brake clean or starter fluid or I’ve seen people use propane and just spray it around the hoses or intake manifold and look for gasket leaks you would hear the idle surge when you find it.
Only code that comes up is from evap canister. I decided I'm changing the fuel filter on it today too. But I'll try spraying everything and see if anything pops up. But since I replaced that hose you can't hear air leaks or anything anymore.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I missed that you changed the crank sensor. It's recommended to perform a CASE relearn anytime the crank or cam sensor is replaced.

x2 on @Doubeleive's comment about the MAF sensor. It should be clean and Original Equipment. Not aftermarket or you're asking for trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226