Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot about Velcro. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Any issues with moisture coming through or anything? That would be my only concern

Only if you are wading through rivers. You can definitely use some silicone or something to help seal it up.

I have not done this personally, but I've seen it done that way several times.

Spoolin

Reaction score
There's a JL Audio Stealthbox that fits the console but I believe it's 8" and expensive and I heard it doesn't hit that hard. There's not much room there.

It's a 10w3 and it slams. I have one in my 06 Z with an old school PPI PRO-MOS 50 pushing 400watts to it. I used to work in car audio and those things would always impress. Granted they are pricey for some vehicle applications, but think of the overall concept...much improved bass with little to no intrusion on interior space loss. If you want a whole lot of bass, you gotta take up space. If you want clean, tight impressive bass without taking up any room, you gotta pay a premium.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JL makes great stuff. That's the exact speaker (10W3) in my MTX Thunderform enclosure in the rear compartment of mine and it definitely hits hard. I'm surprised they were able to get enough space for one in the center console.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the Thunderform for size reference and it's right at the minimum volume for the 10W3.

photo1.jpg

IMG_4333.JPG

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It's a 10w3 and it slams. I have one in my 06 Z with an old school PPI PRO-MOS 50 pushing 400watts to it. I used to work in car audio and those things would always impress. Granted they are pricey for some vehicle applications, but think of the overall concept...much improved bass with little to no intrusion on interior space loss. If you want a whole lot of bass, you gotta take up space. If you want clean, tight impressive bass without taking up any room, you gotta pay a premium.

Any pics of this install? Where did you put the amp?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the 00-02 GM factory sub box. I've seen them for under 100 which isn't bad. How does a 8" sub hit? I used to have two 12" 1200W subs in my 97 but I'm ok with going to a decent hitting sub now. I still have a Rockford amp I'd use for the sub. I've seen some people use Polk and JL 8" subs. Any input?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the 00-02 GM factory sub box. I've seen them for under 100 which isn't bad. How does a 8" sub hit? I used to have two 12" 1200W subs in my 97 but I'm ok with going to a decent hitting sub now. I still have a Rockford amp I'd use for the sub. I've seen some people use Polk and JL 8" subs. Any input?
Seen what for under $100? Box alone ?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started looking into some 8" shallow mount subs. Anyone have an 8" sub in the factory sub box that hits good? Or know of what ones are good? I know JL makes good subs.

Was thinking about the Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 but about 8 years ago a buddy of mine had some Pioneer subs and they were soft sounding so that makes me a little leery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700