Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have a sub in the console? There were different Bose systems with different locations for the sub according to the year of your truck. There was also the Lux and non-Lux Bose systems with the Lux being the top-of-the-line system which I believe was only in the Denalis and Escalades. But I'm pretty sure all the Bose systems had a sub. As for the rear sub box, I believe they were in the 99-02's and in 03 they started putting the sub in the center console and also downsized it. I could be off on those years. I wish you luck finding one of the stock rear sub enclosures, they might be getting hard to locate.

Edit: here's a link to a thread on the stock sub/ enclosure. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2002-yukon-xl-subwoofer.44450/

I must have the sub in the center console then. It sounds like there's a sub but wasn't sure if that was just the Bose speakers. My Z71 is a 2006. I'll look into the stock Bose box and see what's out there.

If I do have the center console sub, has anyone upgraded that and fit a 10" sub in the same location?

I used to have two 12" 1200W Infinity subs in my 97 Tahoe but always hated the box taking up cargo room. So this time around I'm just looking for a decent base hit sub now but more concealed or out of the way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have the sub in the center console then. It sounds like there's a sub but wasn't sure if that was just the Bose speakers. My Z71 is a 2006. I'll look into the stock Bose box and see what's out there.

If I do have the center console sub, has anyone upgraded that and fit a 10" sub in the same location?

I used to have two 12" 1200W Infinity subs in my 97 Tahoe but always hated the box taking up cargo room. So this time around I'm just looking for a decent base hit sub now but more concealed or out of the way.
There's a JL Audio Stealthbox that fits the console but I believe it's 8" and expensive and I heard it doesn't hit that hard. There's not much room there.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a JL Audio Stealthbox that fits the console but I believe it's 8" and expensive and I heard it doesn't hit that hard. There's not much room there.

Alright. That would make sense then as looking at it, there doesn't look to be much room like you mentioned. Just thinking of all options. Thanks for the input

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
@jdpber built one for that rear console area, if I remember. Complicated build, but looks stock, and everything went back together afterwards like nothing had ever happened.

I'm working on rebuilding the one for under the center console with a shallow mount, and a custom box, but I'm probably years away from it, unless I get bored and have a wild hair.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jdpber built one for that rear console area, if I remember. Complicated build, but looks stock, and everything went back together afterwards like nothing had ever happened.

I'm working on rebuilding the one for under the center console with a shallow mount, and a custom box, but I'm probably years away from it, unless I get bored and have a wild hair.

Do you have a link to the thread? I've thought about building my own to fit inside that plastic.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks! That's more like what I'm looking to do. Cheaper route and all within my capability.

One other thing I was wondering was how do you guys mount the amp under the back seats? On my 97 Tahoe that's where I had the amp but it just sat there, wasn't mounted.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Thanks! That's more like what I'm looking to do. Cheaper route and all within my capability.

One other thing I was wondering was how do you guys mount the amp under the back seats? On my 97 Tahoe that's where I had the amp but it just sat there, wasn't mounted.
Way I've seen it done is where the middle seat lifts up to fold down, mounted in that space, might not need to "mount it" so much as some creative use of velcro or something may hold it.

Good Luck, take pics, and let us know how it comes out.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

drill through the floor.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way I've seen it done is where the middle seat lifts up to fold down, mounted in that space, might not need to "mount it" so much as some creative use of velcro or something may hold it.

Good Luck, take pics, and let us know how it comes out.

Forgot about Velcro. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

drill through the floor.

Any issues with moisture coming through or anything? That would be my only concern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts