So this isn’t good, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Denali XL AWD right? Try and work the 6L80 AWD trans service into the stuff below. When the trans is out labor cost are cut 50-90%. There’s routine maint items like:

* replacement of the oil pan gasket
* rear main seal
* 99¢ oil pump O ring
* oil press sensor
* 2 front diff mounts (4 bushes)
* motor mounts
* exh gaskets (optional ARP stud upgrade time).
* Torque converter + service
* 1/2 GM trans cable fix kit

Buy your OEM parts @ R/A and places like parts geek. Save 50-75%. Have an Indi do the job.

On the horizon, for the the long run, research rebuild / upgrade options if the AFM goes south and for the front suspension. Stuff like cylinder head upgrades when AFM dies and / or almost $0 cost to swap to aluminum front suspension components.

I really didn't want to believe it, I thought there had to be some bad luck involved with it. but nope, all this like clock work on every one of them.

welcome to the world

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep to the manifold bolts. They’re as far as I can tell all rotting off. Problems for a different day. I’m going to degrease everything and see what turns up. I only shot the drivers side because it’s the only side I could get from the top that showed the block, assuming the block connections might be a problem. I’ll get a shot of the passenger side added.

the manifold bolts there's a bracket you can buy for cheap that's eaiser for now than fixing broken bolts. the bracket is a bit of a hassle, but save the bolt repair for when the heads need to come off sometime. there's some good threads here about installing them.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
I hate that this thread is adding insult to injury. Sad lol.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally pricing a new motor right now… grrrr.

someone should make a meme about these trucks turning normal people into mechanics every day haha.

there was one for the old dsm cars. the Mitsubishi Eclipses and things like that

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
100k intervals is the part left out of the past post. The major 100k trans service is where owners can catch up on past missed maint. The AFM is the Achilles heel that sometimes never appears. It’s the surprise factor no one likes.

2.5-$3.5k for 100k mi & all those GM OEM parts, labor & tc (if needed) is nut’n when an Indi does it for you.

It’s the fact that not knowing you could have …

* Gone to an Indi.
* Saved 50%+ online for parts.
* Timed the work to lower cost

That makes not having any foresight kick your arse like the old saying that hindsight is always 20/20

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Prolly my bad throwing the long term 100k / 10yr major trans service and mentioning the AFM in the same breath.

I wonder if I motivated him to do a AFM delete involving some new Edelbrock hi flow / hi performance heads or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar