So this isn’t good, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
@Writefast unrelated but one of your exhaust manifold bolts is either missing or broken off.

Both of your pictures are from the driver side and your starter is on the passanger side. Your starter had oil dripping from it which has me curious.

On the driver side you have the oil filter and oil cooler that coil leak.

In the center you have the rear main seal, oil pressure sensor, and valley cover that could leak.

And then on both sides you have the valve covers that could leak.

There is supposed to be a little metal cover that pops in there and prevents the flywheel from being exposed like that.
Yep to the manifold bolts. They’re as far as I can tell all rotting off. Problems for a different day. I’m going to degrease everything and see what turns up. I only shot the drivers side because it’s the only side I could get from the top that showed the block, assuming the block connections might be a problem. I’ll get a shot of the passenger side added.

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
how many miles on it?

grab some brake clean and spray it all down.. best if you have an air compresor to blow dry, no worries if not. and then keep an eye on it.

from the look of it, I'd best money on oil pan gasket. gasket is fine but gm seals the corners with some kinda rtv that starts seeping and slowly gets worse..

you could check the oil block off plate above the filter, but watch out trying to snug bolts, they torque at such low spec is a little above finger tight lol and if you strip anything it makes everything a 100times harder.
180k miles btw

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know coolen tastes very sweet but not on purpose and I know what a blast of hydraulic fluid to the face eyes feels like. surprisingly doesn't hurt at all which makes it a very wtf just happened moment as you wait for something bad to happen type thing.

but I try to not taste things on purpose haha. I'll leave that to the old mechanics

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
2010 Denali XL AWD right? Try and work the 6L80 AWD trans service into the stuff below. When the trans is out labor cost are cut 50-90%. There’s routine maint items like:

* replacement of the oil pan gasket
* rear main seal
* 99¢ oil pump O ring
* oil press sensor
* 2 front diff mounts (4 bushes)
* motor mounts
* exh gaskets (optional ARP stud upgrade time).
* Torque converter + service
* 1/2 GM trans cable fix kit

Buy your OEM parts @ R/A and places like parts geek. Save 50-75%. Have an Indi do the job.

On the horizon, for the the long run, research rebuild / upgrade options if the AFM goes south and for the front suspension. Stuff like cylinder head upgrades when AFM dies and / or almost $0 cost to swap to aluminum front suspension components.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
180k miles btw

oil pan gasket.. I'm in the same boat right now and have zero motivation to fix it. I tried resealing the oil block off plate and then bought the billet o'ring block off in hopes but I've come to accept its the oil pan.

I mean it's better than a rear main seal on a 4x4 but still blah. and if you don't mind a few drops on the driveway it's fine

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
2010 Denali XL AWD right? Try and work the 6L80 AWD trans service into the stuff below. When the trans is out labor cost are cut 50-90%. There’s routine maint items like:

* rear main seal
* 99¢ oil pump O ring
* oil press sensor
* motor mounts

Buy your OEM parts @ R/A and places like parts geek. Save 50-75%. Have an Indi do the job.

On the horizon, for the the long run, research rebuild / upgrade options if the AFM goes south and for the front suspension. Stuff like cylinder head upgrades when AFM dies and / or almost $0 cost to swap to aluminum front suspension components.

* rear main seal
* 99¢ oil pump O ring
* oil press sensor
* motor mounts

2007 Yukon SLT. 4L60E. 4wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar