Slopy / loose steering? EVO sensor maybe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still trying to find out part #....Emailed gmpartsdirect with your pic and nothing back. Willing to try this if its not too expensive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if THIS fix translates over to my vettes loose steering....

thanku for sharing...

TapaTalk ROCKS!!!!

Doverpoint

Reaction score
So I read this thread, and decided to try disconnecting the sensor and then took a drive. I found that my steering was super sensitive, almost dangerous. I pulled over and plugged it back in. My steering did not switch back to normal operation! When I had plugged the unit back in I never turned the ignition off (I know...I wasn't thinking), and I heard relays clicking somewhere. I pulled over again and this time turned the ignition off and reseated the connector. Restarted and everything was fine again.

The moral of the story: make sure you turn your ignition off before plugging and unplugging connectors.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched my steering issues pretty extensively a while ago and I more or less concluded I would try changing this sensor. My truck drives/steers/handles terribly and after reading what the sensors job is I said that's got to be it.

I went to nearest gm dealer and they told me the part was discontinued.

Canada. Gm dealer.

Yet you just went to dealer and got one. Wtf

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/81519-steering-wheel-position-sensor/

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I understand the gist of this thread, over-sensitive steering response would be a symptom of a bad sensor but excessive play in steering wheel would not?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019