She's gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my way to work this afternoon a car pulled out in front of me and I hit it. The old Hoe just wouldn't shut down in time. Thank God no one was hurt but it completely demolished the front passenger corner. I'm just sick. Thankfully they had insurance so I'm hoping I can get her repaired but with 200k miles and being 10 years old, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'll post pics soon.

-----------------------------------------Edited-----------------------------------------

These were pics I took right before they hauled her off. Thought ya'll might like to see a badly bent frame.

Here they have all the damaged body panels and such removed.
img_0612.jpg

At lease the throttle body was squeaky ckean.
img_0613.jpg

Shot of the bent part of the frame. They said it was really hard to bend the frame in that location and almost impossible to repair.
img_0614.jpg

This is what the frame should have looked like.
img_0615.jpg

So sad to see her in this shape.
img_0616.jpg

img_0617.jpg

You can see really well the difference between the two sides here.
img_0618.jpg

img_0619.jpg

I guess when it's all said and done, I'm just really glad no body got hurt. I ended up with a new truck that is nicer and in much better shape. I have a car payment now but that won't last long. Still I miss the old girl. She was a damn good truck.

Last edited:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks man, always glad to hear nobody was hurt

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry about that man!
I would say at that age/mileage, if the damage is bad enough, it will be declared total loss.

OP
OP
TogaPC

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kinda my thoughts but It's paid for and it ran great before the wreck so if the damage is mostly cosmetic I may just repair her and keep on truckin. If anything structurally or the drive train is damaged I think it will be time to scrap it and get something else. I really love my hoe but it's only a truck.

FYI forum...

I may have some 2 month old performance parts to sell if anyone is interested.
Corsa Sport CBE
Spectre CAI
plus tons of stock parts...cheap!

As with old yeller...she's my truck...I'll put her down.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope its not too bad that it cant be fixed within reason! let us know how it goes though

OP
OP
TogaPC

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of the wreck

:pics-stfu:

Here they are. I get sick to my stomach every time I look at them. Anyone have any experience with collision repair. Suggestions would be appreciated.

:emotions122: wtf

10.jpg

:banghead: WtF

1.jpg

:whymewhyme: wtF

2.jpg

:shakehead: Wtf

3.jpg

:disgust: WTF

10.jpg

HUH! :think: Why the hell does it look like their car took way less damage than mine?

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

:bawl: WHY MEEEE!

Last edited:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Dang TogaPC, that sucks! Glad to hear that no one was hurt. If the damage is only cosmetic and you decide to rebuild at least you can choose aftermarket parts like a cowl hood, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts