Service Suspension notification on every start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Xineering scan tool is designed to plug into the OBDII port and a computer via USB port.
The Xineering software can then be run to test/obtain values directly from your vehicle.

Scanner: Software example:
Xineering Scan Tool w USB_3902.jpg R.Yurglich - DTCs from 4.29.2020.jpg

The Xineering magneride delete, whether plug-in resistors or the OBD/SS, operates on certain parameters with your vehicle. In particular, voltages running to the sensors at all 4 corners.
I cannot say for certain, but I believe the range is 0.5-4.75 volts. If more or less current runs through the circuit outside of those parameters, then a "Service Suspension System" message should occur along with a stored DTC. Eventhough an OBD/SS may be plugged in, the 4 corners and the points of contact are still vulnerable. There are plug-in "caps" that are sold. I have my unused (since Fox shocks are not plugged in) ride height sensors "capped" with my old Xineering resistors. They are then wrapped with cold weather tape and I check them from time to time.

It may be easier to work if you remove the wheel well liners. Particularly in the rear. I would suggest checking all connections and then securing all wires best you can. Zip ties are okay to use. You can even check the connections with a volt meter to make sure you have proper current running at all 4 corners. More effort than plugging in the Xineering scanner, but pretty much gives you similar data.

NOTE: The plugs for the resistors have an interior, small clip; depending on who did the install of the resistors, the OE sensor plugs may be damaged...this could also be leading to poor connections and/or bad voltages.

dbaudo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that cable looks suspiciously similar to this one on Amazon for $40. What makes it so special aside from their software? I just dislike that I paid $300-$400 for a module that is acting up when the temp drops below 55 F and I have to pay to rent their tool. I’d prefer to buy my own if it’s this cheap.

I’ll definitely check the connectors and the covers as you’d mentioned as well as pull readings from each. Am I looking for the voltages you mentioned or current?

OBDLink SX USB: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics https://a.co/d/1miAUeh

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dbaudo1 - Yep, that pretty much looks like the exact same thing. I think you're probably 100% correct in that the OBD/USB cable is not specific to Xineering.
However, their software is certainly proprietary.

Unfortunately, I believe that our vehicles are prone to electrical "glitches/hiccups/gremlins" whatever you want to call them. Especially the 2015 2016 model years. I've had more issues with electrical items with my vehicle than actual parts going bad. And now we're messing around with vehicle's computer using the resistors, tuners, etc...

dbaudo1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the cable I found isn’t compatible since they marry their software to a specific serial number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo