Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the angled trim ring for the gauge today. It's better but I might re-do it to angle up a bit too. I didn't think about that when I modified the bracket and I'll have to see if I can rotate the trim ring without re-modifying it. You have to cut the legs to length, plus I had to remove material to clear the air line fittings and light. Anyway it's way better. Before and after.

IMG_8225.JPG IMG_8261.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t remember......LTZs came with puddles lights, could be off that, or a suv, like you said. Odd they didn’t keep the ones without puddle lights and paint them instead of swapping to the ones with the puddle light and painting over it.....
It looks like they were the textured black ones, otherwise they probably would have painted them. image9.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the puddle lights done today but I went over budget- I broke the toggle switch for my RGB/demon eyes so I had to buy a new one for $4.95. Dammit. Install wasn't bad- I had to run a wire through the door boot and hook it to the dome light wire over at the BCM. I used my fancy crimp tool for Deutsch connectors and put a quick connect on each mirror so they could be removed just like OEM. I was messing around with a motorcycle battery with the wires coming out of the passenger mirror and discovered the power fold function works lol. Too bad the BCM isn't programmed for it or I could get the upgraded switches and wire them in. Puddle light mod for $4.95, not bad.

IMG_8265.JPG IMG_8266.JPG IMG_8267.JPG IMG_8268.JPG IMG_8269.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got the puddle lights done today but I went over budget- I broke the toggle switch for my RGB/demon eyes so I had to buy a new one for $4.95. Dammit. Install wasn't bad- I had to run a wire through the door boot and hook it to the dome light wire over at the BCM. I used my fancy crimp tool for Deutsch connectors and put a quick connect on each mirror so they could be removed just like OEM. I was messing around with a motorcycle battery with the wires coming out of the passenger mirror and discovered the power fold function works lol. Too bad the BCM isn't programmed for it or I could get the upgraded switches and wire them in. Puddle light mod for $4.95, not bad.

View attachment 197997 View attachment 197998 View attachment 197999 View attachment 198000 View attachment 198001
Couldn't you just wire the power fold directly for power, to a switch, and bypass the bcm? Could use a factory switch so everything looks original.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you just wire the power fold directly for power, to a switch, and bypass the bcm? Could use a factory switch so everything looks original.
Its possible with relays but not just a switch. There's only 2 wires and you have to reverse polarity on the wires to switch directions. It's a lot of messing around. I don't think the factory switches would work because they're not meant to work relays, they're meant to use a bus line to the BCM. I saw a guy on another forum do it with relays and a DPDT switch mounted under the dash but I'm not really into that. I'd probably never use them anyway. If it was just adding a harness and factory switches I'd do it though.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Its possible with relays but not just a switch. There's only 2 wires and you have to reverse polarity on the wires to switch directions. It's a lot of messing around. I don't think the factory switches would work because they're not meant to work relays, they're meant to use a bus line to the BCM. I saw a guy on another forum do it with relays and a DPDT switch mounted under the dash but I'm not really into that. I'd probably never use them anyway. If it was just adding a harness and factory switches I'd do it though.
I sure miss the good old days of just adding some wires to get something to work.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can think of a whole lot of other things I'd rather spend that cash on. I wonder if I can have Blackbear add that to my tune...to be continued. I'm going to reach out to Justin.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I can think of a whole lot of other things I'd rather spend that cash on. I wonder if I can have Blackbear add that to my tune...to be continued. I'm going to reach out to Justin.

I understand... I have been wanting to do this for a while so I can get rid of the resistors but haven't done it yet.

I don't believe that BBP has the ability to change parameters in the BCM but it's worth asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia