Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the filter installed today. I made the cutout yesterday; it was pretty easy. I scored a few times with my sheetrock knife and finally cut all the way through. Then I looked at the instructions and realized that the filter needed to be bent as it went in since there's not enough clearance below. I also realized my wheel tubs at the firewall were in the way to bend it like they showed and figured it wasn't going to work, but then I turned the opposite direction and bent it towards the driver side. Aha. Success. (The fan assembly is even modified on mine to fit with the tubs there.) One note- the instructions show leaving the driver side screw in the cover assemble being left in place and just shoving the cover out of the way. Mine was missing that screw so the cover came all the way off and it was a ***** to get those screws lined up and that driver side one (I found a replacement) was extremely hard to install. Many cuss words were muttered. If yours has that screw, leave it in and then it's easier to locate the other holes since the left-to-right is already set.

IMG_8272.JPG IMG_8277.JPG IMG_8283.JPG IMG_8285.JPG IMG_8286.JPG

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krylon Dual Bond satin. I've used it for years on the plastics.

This stuff?

d96f5e88-5998-4ca1-a384-ca8461db1f7e.jpg

Reaction score
Ok after further research, the behind the rear seat location is not possible for subs. Plus I went and looked lol. There's no room, not behind them and not under them when I want to keep the option to fold them up which I do because my Husky likes the floor area to run back and forth in to stick his nose out of both windows. So...I am limited to either the area under the front middle seat which is currently a storage area which I don't use or under the front seats. I don't know if I want to tackle making a sub box out of the middle storage area although JL makes a Stealthbox for about $600 that holds a 10" sub and I'd still need an amp. No thanks. That leaves under the front seat so I want to look into this option. I know I won't get serious bass from this option but all I really want is SOME bass. Kicker makes an 8" powered sub for $300 and Sound Ordinance the same for about half that. I'm looking for input from anybody that has heard one of these under-seat powered subs, or another brand. There's quite a few.

g20611HS8-o_frongangle.jpg

x13694351-o.jpg

g777B8PTD-F.jpg

The kicker hideaway kicks ass for what it is, you can hide it pretty much any where and Amazon usually has them for about $149 refurbished

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts