Replacing a 4L60E on a 03 Yukun need help with last bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreshLikeOprah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest way is use your floor jack and put it under the pan. Remove the trans mount nuts, take the pressure off the cross member and remove it.

Then lower the jack, it will pull the engine down at and angle and give you plenty of room to get the top bolts. But leave 2 bottom side bolts in. Once you remove the top bolts jack it back up and remove the rest. That's what I always do.

OP
OP
D

drspeed2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The transmission is back in, all hooked up, now I need to get the transfer case and drive shafts back in and try it out. Fingers crossed.

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission is back in, all hooked up, now I need to get the transfer case and drive shafts back in and try it out. Fingers crossed.

Did you put in new Transmission cooler lines? I made that mistake once on a trailblazer, they started leaking after I pulled the thing out of the garage which is my dads and it is about 5 miles away. I ended up having to change them in my driveway, parked up on cinder blocks. It would have been so much easier to replace them in the shop but I was too cheap to spend the $120 at the dealer to get them. They typically rust where they get clipped right behind the fender.

OP
OP
D

drspeed2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put in new Transmission cooler lines? I made that mistake once on a trailblazer, they started leaking after I pulled the thing out of the garage which is my dads and it is about 5 miles away. I ended up having to change them in my driveway, parked up on cinder blocks. It would have been so much easier to replace them in the shop but I was too cheap to spend the $120 at the dealer to get them. They typically rust where they get clipped right behind the fender.

Got one replaced and the second one pressure tested, I did replace the cooler by a higher capacity low pressure drop after market model.

The tranny runs fine now, but since the car was up on blocks for 11 months, I am having a few issues with the brakes and idling.

Hopefully it will be back on the road by this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo