Replace entire AirRide System or Convert to Passive?? - 2003 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was available in the suburban 2500 as well as the yukon denali(1500). I have seen it on extended cab and double cab trucks, too. Too bad they never made an avalanche with it. I would love to have a duramax/allison quadrasteer avalanche!
I dropped the yukon off to have the a/c repaired today, and the service ride control message was on. I guess I will be getting some resistors...

Yeah I have only ever been aware of it on the trucks. Do the fenders flare differently on the kon or burban with the quadrasteer option like they do on the trucks?

kebm

Reaction score
The rear quarter panels are the same as non quadrasteer sub/yukon, but the plastic wheel flares are wider with marker lights.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear quarter panels are the same as non quadrasteer sub/yukon, but the plastic wheel flares are wider with marker lights.
Learn something new every day. Must be fairly rare.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I replaced the pump and rear shocks w/ Arnott 2715s but I'm not sure if anything is working. I disconnected the bottom part of the RR sensor and moved it to mimic a load but the pump did not come on. Then I started thinking it might take awhile, or maybe the truck needs to be moving. Is there a way to confirm if it is working or not?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I replaced the pump and rear shocks w/ Arnott 2715s but I'm not sure if anything is working. I disconnected the bottom part of the RR sensor and moved it to mimic a load but the pump did not come on. Then I started thinking it might take awhile, or maybe the truck needs to be moving. Is there a way to confirm if it is working or not?
You can remove one of the air lines from a shock, let any air out and the rear should settle a bit. Then reconnect it and start the engine. You should hear the compressor come on and the rear should raise a bit. If it doesn't, something is wrong. Mine had a rusted ground wire at the compressor. Also check if your RTD and STUD1 fuses are installed and not blown in the under hood fuse box.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No air came out so shock did not move. The pump has yet to come on. I called Arnott but they were not much help - said could be sensors but they have to be checked via computer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check the fuses I mentioned as well as the ground wire from the compressor to the chassis? And no, Arnott can't help over the phone. I doubt it's the sensors, it's probably power or ground. It might be STUD 2 instead of STUD 1 on the fuses. Check both. And definitely RTD.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuses are good. There is no ground wire, I assume it is grounded case to frame.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has a ground wire in the harness up a ways from the compressor that has a lug that goes to the frame. It was corroded at the lug and you couldn't tell it wasn't making contact until I pulled on it and it came loose.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuses are good. There is no ground wire, I assume it is grounded case to frame.

It should have rubber bushings on both ends... Might make it hard to ground case to frame.

Is there any power wire running to it at all? I seem to remember there being one.

Edit: Nevermind were talking compressor, not the shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnQSmith