Replace entire AirRide System or Convert to Passive?? - 2003 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think those springs are right, I believe you need Z71 springs. And I believe the recommended Bilsteins are the 5100 series but I'm not exactly sure. There's plenty of info here on the conversion though. Maybe someone who has done this will chime in.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup thats perfect.

The z71 springs are stiffer and taller. Which is nice if you are lifting or tow a lot. 5100s are longer and also good for lifted applications. I had 4600s in my denali.

pizzle

Reaction score
Yup thats perfect.

The z71 springs are stiffer and taller. Which is nice if you are lifting or tow a lot. 5100s are longer and also good for lifted applications. I had 4600s in my denali.

do you like the shocks? Did you bypass the autoride system?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you like the shocks? Did you bypass the autoride system?

Yes i bypassed. I actually installed gabriel maxcontrol shocks first. Didn't like them much, and hated them when they wore out in less than a year. Installed 4600's and loved those.

I have 5100's installed on my lifted jeep and I love those, should have just went with bilsteins from the start on the nali... oh well.

pizzle

Reaction score
Yes i bypassed. I actually installed gabriel maxcontrol shocks first. Didn't like them much, and hated them when they wore out in less than a year. Installed 4600's and loved those.

I have 5100's installed on my lifted jeep and I love those, should have just went with bilsteins from the start on the nali... oh well.

how did you clear the "service ride control" message after you switched to standard shocks?

Reaction score
I changed out all 4 of my shocks this weekend with the Arnott KIT-0007 (Front + Back + Compressor). I am no mechanic, but luckily I did not run into issues on the full swap. I was just a bit puzzled connecting the electricals because I did not find anything from the given documents on the recommended areas where to secure them. So I just used the zip ties they came with and secured it with the wire harness. Luckily, installation seems to have worked well for me. I heard my compressor pump when I started the engine the first time and Service Ride Error on the dash is gone.

Been riding it for 3 days now. But I have been observing that the compressor does not turn on anymore after starting the engine. While I have not had a heavy load in the vehicle, is this normal? For some of your that installed the AS-2715 Arnott Rear Air Shocks, does the compressor only pump air if it needs to? Appreciate the response.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed out all 4 of my shocks this weekend with the Arnott KIT-0007 (Front + Back + Compressor). I am no mechanic, but luckily I did not run into issues on the full swap. I was just a bit puzzled connecting the electricals because I did not find anything from the given documents on the recommended areas where to secure them. So I just used the zip ties they came with and secured it with the wire harness. Luckily, installation seems to have worked well for me. I heard my compressor pump when I started the engine the first time and Service Ride Error on the dash is gone.

Been riding it for 3 days now. But I have been observing that the compressor does not turn on anymore after starting the engine. While I have not had a heavy load in the vehicle, is this normal? For some of your that installed the AS-2715 Arnott Rear Air Shocks, does the compressor only pump air if it needs to? Appreciate the response.
It should only come on for a few seconds after you start the engine and only if it's been sitting overnight.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The compressor only pumps air if it needs to. Mine does not always run every time that I turn it on.

Caveman

Reaction score
I changed my rear shocks out with the Monroe max air ma830 shocks and am pleased with the ride so far. I rarely tow anything so I keep the pressure at 45 psi and only cost me about $70 for parts. Pulled the fuse for the autoride and no dummy light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep