Replace entire AirRide System or Convert to Passive?? - 2003 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine on jack stands. Wife would be pissed if
I also went the Arnott route using their premium rear shocks, it was around $600 I believe for the rear which includes shocks, compressor and dryer rebuild kit. It's an easy install. I tow with 26's and maintaining a minimum amount of fender to tire clearance is important. If it was to sag even 1/2" it would cost me an expensive set of tires.
It's now under $500 for new Compressor, whole thing and the premium shocks.

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question, does it mess up the air ride system if you turn on the truck while it's on a lift?
I remember the Lincoln town cars (and others) had a switch to turn off the air ride before jacking it up or putting it on a lift.
Nope. Did it on jack stands. It has a max and then shuts off

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to go with an air bag setup in the rear and gas filled shocks? I have had air bags on several pickups and never had a problem with them. And they run much lower pressure. There are multiple brands available with auto-levelling available.
Nope, in fact they do not make the airbags for this suspension. It excludes the Z55 suspension. Coils are different. That is why it mades zero sense to convert to non-air ride when you can to the whole thing yourself for less than $500 and it's easy and the new shocks have a life time warranty. Also there is a $50 core charge, so actually it should run you about $450 complete.

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to go with an air bag setup in the rear and gas filled shocks? I have had air bags on several pickups and never had a problem with them. And they run much lower pressure. There are multiple brands available with auto-levelling available.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all my air ride stuff in June. $380 for new premium rear air shocks from touring tech, a new a.c. delco compressor was 220, and air lines were about 20 bucks. I had my buddy's jeep shop do the work simply because they have badass lifts. Labor was like an hour. So it was easy to do and in my opinion it was worth it to maintain air ride for my needs.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, in fact they do not make the airbags for this suspension. It excludes the Z55 suspension. Coils are different. That is why it mades zero sense to convert to non-air ride when you can to the whole thing yourself for less than $500 and it's easy and the new shocks have a life time warranty. Also there is a $50 core charge, so actually it should run you about $450 complete.

I got new springs ~$40 and (2x~$60) bilstein shocks. Autoride delete cost me ~$160.

I plan to install these bags. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CFO0G...UTF8&colid=PN4WFJCH69VE&coliid=I1RKB3JIE1MF5O

So half the price.

Maybe not the best option for everyone, but it works for me.

2004yukonlover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced all my air ride stuff in June. $380 for new premium rear air shocks from touring tech, a new a.c. delco compressor was 220, and air lines were about 20 bucks. I had my buddy's jeep shop do the work simply because they have badass lifts. Labor was like an hour. So it was easy to do and in my opinion it was worth it to maintain air ride for my needs.

Where you get everything from got any links? Pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adam_at_YCC