Remove or black out chrome strip on doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Looks like he removed it like an emblem...

Denali you try it first and lmk how it turned out.:chewie:

Kaddman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Think we are getting confused with the chrome below the Denali tag in the bottom of the door, and the chrome around the windows. The door is easy that is just stuck on. The chrome around the windows has one screw holding it on on the lower side not sure about the top. I believe most people on here are removing it and wrapping or painting it. I think it has to be on out it looks unfinished.

Last edited:

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Kaddman I thought they were saying the chrome around the windows would come off like the emblems and were glued on and it looks like that's not the case.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the Yukon or Denali emblem removed but the chrome door molding left on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bajdekm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys,
One question remains unanswered. The chrome trim in the center of the rear lift gate that contains the GMC emblem... is that just held on with adhesive and can therefore be removed like lower door trim, or are there rivets or holes that will be there after removal?

Has anyone removed it?

THERMO67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys,
One question remains unanswered. The chrome trim in the center of the rear lift gate that contains the GMC emblem... is that just held on with adhesive and can therefore be removed like lower door trim, or are there rivets or holes that will be there after removal?

Has anyone removed it?

I removed the bowtie from the rear of our Tahoe and there was no holes, just lots of glue. Used the 3M Eraser Wheel to remove all the residue left behind after removing all the badging. Now I just need to find out how to remove or cover the chrome trim around the windows.

A5F361E4-2E9A-4EBB-8DF9-A6EFF842BD01.JPG

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the bowtie from the rear of our Tahoe and there was no holes, just lots of glue. Used the 3M Eraser Wheel to remove all the residue left behind after removing all the badging. Now I just need to find out how to remove or cover the chrome trim around the windows.

View attachment 79771

Easy, just plasti-dip it or vinyl wrap it.

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people are vinyl wrapping the window trim I believe. That's the easiest way IMO.
The Vinyl wrap sucks to many bends. And not really enough surface area to ahere I'm looking into paint or factory parts

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Vinyl wrap sucks to many bends. And not really enough surface area to ahere I'm looking into paint or factory parts

My vinyl wrap is sticking just fine on the trim so far after almost two months. There are a couple of areas I could have done a little better on at the bends but overall I'm much happier with the wrap than with the plastidip I had on there before. It just takes patience and practice to have it turn out well.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO vinyl wraps look way better than plastidip, but are a pain in the arse to install. If there was an EASIER way of removing/installing those trims, it would make wrapping or painting a breeze. If Plastidip had a smooth glossy finish (like vinyl wraps), then I'd spray it. Personally, I don't like Plastidip's finish.

I installed mine back in March and it still looks great. And I pressure wash my Hoe every week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts