Blacked out infotainment screen and wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lovelylin80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok bear with me this may be long. So I have a 2017 yukon xl slt. Awhile a go my infotainment screen when black. I could touch it and it would select whatever icon was there (couldn't see it and somehow changed my language to Spanish) radio worked. Screen blacked out for back up camera. So I took it to gm. Gm said I needed a new screen they said there was electrical resistance...OK got that. So they installed new screen then it came on and blacked out. They then jumped it and determined.that it was the video cable to the screen that was the problem.... here lies the issues. They can't seem to find part number for it. I did a deep dive on the I telnet and it looks like that cable has been discontinued I can't seem to get it anywhere. Gm says it's a single cable but I'm not so sure about that from several posts and videos it looks like a cable with a min of 3 connections (usb b) one goes in back of screen one to the hmi module and one to the dvd/Blu-Ray player. Here's my thing tho. If that cable is not good to provide display on my dash screen why is it that my rear DVD still plays fine. When they installed the new screen they decided to leave it unplugged from the screen in fear that it has been the culprit of frying my old screen. And yet with it unplugged from the screen my rear dvd is still working....does anyone know how these wires are connected and where on earth I can can get a new cable. I know the dvd and touch screen have to be connected with a video cable becuase u can watch the dvd while in park. There are only 2 connections in back of screen one for the blue or black video cable and another harness I don't know what that is for maybe the navigation and apple car play and stuff not sure. I'm just at a loss on what to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThePeopleTahoe79