Remove or black out chrome strip on doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hooty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great. I really appreciate all the help you have shared. It's been great. what do you think about your seats vs the perforated leather? Also, do you have an automatic switch so your leds come on during the day only? I have a LT2 tahoe. Has everything except cooled seats + perforated leather and magneride

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the perforated seats, heated and cooled.... and on the Yukon the the leds are the daytime running light. They are also on when the headlights are on just not as bright. They get put on a dimmer

Audrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I just haven't got rid of it yet. One of the things on the list, along with the running board trim.

This is the one thing we hate on the new Z71 Tahoe we just bought. What is your suggestion for how to cover it up or get rid of the chrome around the windows?

OP
OP
imnohero

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one thing we hate on the new Z71 Tahoe we just bought. What is your suggestion for how to cover it up or get rid of the chrome around the windows?
Most people are vinyl wrapping the window trim I believe. That's the easiest way IMO.

Audrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Is that something I can find and do ourselves or is that a body shop deal? Thx!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the chrome trim around the door windows is held on by rivets. I think it was like the 4th or 5th assembly station on the line.

Hooty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No one has posted pictures or shared solutions. Wonder why??

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I plan to install the chrome trim on mine...
I think it looks to much like a rental without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowdonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
door molding removed

It is glued on, won't leave any holes, park it outside in the hot sun for a bit then take some fishing line and run it in between the body and the molding, should cut the adhesive right in half then pull off the molding

773679d9-af3b-46ee-9b49-a2f62e489c21_zpsi9it0i3x.jpg

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is glued on, won't leave any holes, park it outside in the hot sun for a bit then take some fishing line and run it in between the body and the molding, should cut the adhesive right in half then pull off the molding

773679d9-af3b-46ee-9b49-a2f62e489c21_zpsi9it0i3x.jpg

Yours looks really good without the door moulding and the blacked out window trim.
I think it looks unbalanced when it has the chrome window trim and no door moulding like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts