Remove or black out chrome strip on doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
IMHO vinyl wraps look way better than plastidip, but are a pain in the arse to install. If there was an EASIER way of removing/installing those trims, it would make wrapping or painting a breeze. If Plastidip had a smooth glossy finish (like vinyl wraps), then I'd spray it. Personally, I don't like Plastidip's finish.

I installed mine back in March and it still looks great. And I pressure wash my Hoe every week.
My vinyl wrap is holding up great and it looks really good. I did the gloss because my Suburban is all blacked out and the gloss blends in with the paint and my windows that are very dark at 4% all the way around.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

AcidBurn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
idk if it has been said but if you want to remove all the chrome trim, just wait for the OEM RST parts to come out - those should be black I'm thinking and a direct replacement.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk if it has been said but if you want to remove all the chrome trim, just wait for the OEM RST parts to come out - those should be black I'm thinking and a direct replacement.

I think some of the window trims are riveted...which means you'll have to drill them to get them out...and then rivet the replacement ones in. If someone shows a video of this being done...and it's simple enough...I'll do it. :)

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To those using the vinyl wrap... are you using one piece or multiple? Some close up pics would be helpful, whether it was a good job or bad job.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to window trim off? Can the running board trim be removed?

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
To those using the vinyl wrap... are you using one piece or multiple? Some close up pics would be helpful, whether it was a good job or bad job.
It’s a few pieces, I had the guy who tinted my windows do the vinyl wrap and it was the 1st time he did it and came out great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Youngerjc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
door molding removed

It is glued on, won't leave any holes, park it outside in the hot sun for a bit then take some fishing line and run it in between the body and the molding, should cut the adhesive right in half then pull off the molding

View attachment 165015
What did you use to black out the window trim? I want to black mine out

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in the black RST trim. Per my body shop, it is easy to get done. Haven’t got it done yet, but around $1,500 total cost.

900F3FD6-EC87-4E2A-9BFE-B869505FCD3B.jpeg

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO way. I get the part numbers from the dealer and shop around online. I did buy the new color matched grille from the dealer, but paid much less than retail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan