Ready to burn my '07 Yukon xl to the ground!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with my 07 just regular maintenance. I have noticied moisture in my headlights but its only a small amount.

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I am the second owner, but it was a GM employee lease car in Michigan first. It must have been treated rough. I could see some signs of misuse but I got it for a good price and it does have just about everything on it.

And I absolutely LOVE the way when you use the remote start, it turns on heat or ac based on the temps outside. I don't have to worry about leaving the temp controls set in a certain way.

We are really spoiled having two Yukon XLs in a row, and this one has a few options even my other one didn't and it was loaded.

I will probably look for a really nice low mileage '09 or '10 and try to get out of my cursed '07 if at all possible.

To be honest, I would rather go back to the previous body style (with EASILY removable headlights lol) as I like the way they drove better, but I am spoiled by that remote start setup and I am the daily driver of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
Oh I did forget to mention that I also had to have gas tank replaced after a piece of flat steel bar stock got tossed under me on the interstate and punctured the gas tank!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337539320.707117.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337539340.180663.jpg

Best pic I have quickly of old faithful...

DCP02467.jpg

OP
OP
zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Reaction score
What do you folks think my truck is worth, if I go to trade in at a dealership?

2007 Yukon xl
Auto running boards
Tow package
Memory seats
Heated seats
Drop down DVD player
Navigation
20" aluminum OEM wheels but scuffed from prev owner curbing
New from tires
All leather seating for seven
Remote start OEM
Roof rack
Sunroof
5.3 flex fuel
59k miles

Just curious what you folks feel I could really get from a dealer. I thought of selling outright, but can't bring myself to unload this on some poor soul. Haha

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
+/- $1500 from $25000

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

That is if you sell private. On a trade you are looking at $22000-$23000 at the most.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2001 Yukon XL that I bought new and decided to trade it in two years ago for a slightly used '07 with all the goodies and only 43k miles. But I have regretted that nearly every day since then.

It seems as if this truck is cursed. Things are always going wrong on this truck. Started out I had to have ac compressors and real lined replaced. At same time I told them the rear defroster was not working nor was the heated windshield washer fluid gizmo. They fixed the ac stuff, repaired the rear defrost but told me the washer fluid gizmo had been disconnected by previous owner due to recall.

Then I take it in for new door handles on all four doors on the interior. All the chrome was peeling. Told them rear defrost still not working. They replace door handles and do repair kit to rear defrost.

Tell them rear defrost still not working. They say they will have to replace the entire rear glass. Having tough time getting them to get it in stock and call me.

Then I notice moisture in passenger side headlight housing. Then I have to replace the fuel valve solenoid assenmbly after over filling the gas tank.

Now I have warped rotors and the auto ride height compressor started sounding horrible then just quit. I have not had time to tackle that yet.

Tonight passenger side headlight goes out and ther is three inches of wAter in the housing. So I decide to remove entire housing so I can get water out... O my gawd!!!!!! That was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

This truck is junk. Not even 60k miles and it is falling apart. I never had a single problem with my '01 in nearly ten years and over 175k miles!

On top of all that, this '07 gets HORRIBLE gas mileage...

Sorry for the rant but I just came in from fighting that darn headlight. Whoever designed that setup needs beat up!!!! The old way was sooooo much better!

Posted from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk...

I just traded my 04 GMC 1500 2wd for a 2011 1500 2wd(basically the same truck) I'm not happy at all in the quality or gas mileage! The 2011 is a rattle trap! The 04 was so much nicer!

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I could swear GM built in these problems with the newer trucks to either keep you coming back for repairs, or give up and buy a new one. Damn I miss my OBS Tahoe!!

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed today there was moisture in my headlight. I hope it doesn't become an issue. Looked like condensation to me but we haven't had much rain here lately.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get moisture in my headlights when it's hot outside and I wash the Yukon but that's pretty much it so I'm not that worried about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA