Quick answer needed - pickup lift kit for front fit a suv?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the lift it's awesome. So many pieces, skid plates and all. It's complete. Drop brackets for even the pitman and idler. Torison drop brackets, stabilizer bars to front frame. Dual shock hoops. Drop control arms. Drop sub frame front.

Pics do not do justice. Lol. After seeing the extension when the arms moved after lifting it. It will be a beast! Going to paint everything shiny black before install.

i will be installing this with the 3" spindles. Hope it still stays at 6"

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After cleaning up parts and spray painting brackets. Googling part numbers. The lift is a Superlift 6.5 - 7.5 bracket lift. Which I'm using my 3" 2wd spindles with.

I was going to order a 2" rear spacer. But not sure if to just order a 3". Still planing to get parts installed

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watch your cv angles. don't want the binding up at full droop.

Luckily this is a 2wd. Thus the 3" spindles I'm using with the kit. Pretty sure it will be just fine.

Planing the install next week. May also be welding both front and rear kit brackets to frame.

After lots of research, the quality of any kit comes down to the install. My 2 ase certified mechanics are doing the install and alignment.

We plan to use my 1.5 inch coil spacer in the rear and decrank the front to match.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. We did a lot of work yesterday. What we foresee as a issue will be the drop crossmember for the lift kit. My kit came with 2 brackets. Thing is the Tahoe frame has no 4 bolts and seems to be welded to the frame in stock form.

After doing some research. I'm not sure I want them to hang under the frame anyway. I'm looking into some relocaters for the front.

Not sure cause we were going to make our own bracket kit.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to install the pickup crossmember. The realift relocaters still require this x member. Still. However I'm not using realift. They have a good YouTube video about the different x member for the Tahoes.

Plan is Silverado x member Superlift drop x member brackets and mounted tbars under for correct geomety. Everything will be welded after we align and test. Made this decision as I plan to really use my truck.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Silverado X member from the guy who sold me the kit, it has 4 bolts on each end. Should get everything button back up today. Once I raise the rear I know my driveshaft will pop out. It needs to be a good bit longer. So the truck will be down until I get some measurements after the install. I was going to use my 1.5" spacers under the lift springs from Pro Comp in the rear. Then decrank the front as much as possible to match the rear. Stock keys are also going back in as I am using 3" spindles. We figure ball joints should be happy and ride should be great once I adjust each shock. Once that is completed we do the alignment and then the welding of both front and rear as this is permanent. Never going to be lowered or stock again.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally im back on my pc.
SEIK329B_l.jpg

SEIV329BA_l.jpg

That is the full lift superlift sells... Ill post pics of my setup in a bit

Forum statistics

Threads