Question about LSA SuperCharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, first time I watched it, I enjoyed it..
Next vid I post for ya will have bikini's and LS engines in it.

Honestly, given how cheap a short block is these days. I would just stroke it and go.
Just watch oil 20-50k miles, for aluminum.

Save the $$ for your 418, then go the tall block.

tHANKS A TON!
LSA blower is inbound in about 20 mins!!!!

will post pics once its here

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tHANKS A TON!
LSA blower is inbound in about 20 mins!!!!

will post pics once its here

there was a thread on tech and it got blocked or something. last I saw a guy with a tahoe completed the lsa swap and it wasn't anywhere near the cost of a used TVS..post updates please!

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ls9 cam, smaller pulley, zl1 lid, and a good tuner you should be able to push 600 real quick. A friend and I are currently collecting parts for LSA 5.3s. He hopes to have his done by end of December and plans to be over 500hp with the 5.3. I'll be happy with anything over 400rwhp. Just wake up the passing power.

Friends build, but with my CTS-V lid. 5.3 with 241 heads, 4.8 flat top pistons, and ls9 cam.
lsa-ivan-ctslid.jpg

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ls9 cam, smaller pulley, zl1 lid, and a good tuner you should be able to push 600 real quick. A friend and I are currently collecting parts for LSA 5.3s. He hopes to have his done by end of December and plans to be over 500hp with the 5.3. I'll be happy with anything over 400rwhp. Just wake up the passing power.

Friends build, but with my CTS-V lid. 5.3 with 241 heads, 4.8 flat top pistons, and ls9 cam.
lsa-ivan-ctslid.jpg
Why the ls9cam though, you lose bottom end torque when not in boost

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to what? It's much better than the stock cam across the board and is dirt cheap when it comes to cams. Even swapping to the front cam sensor and timing chain cover. The ls9 cam is a 33hp gain over the lsa cam for the Cts-v owners. I'd rather make more power across the band. I think it's hot rod magazine that did a big article on all the GM cams, but was in a 5.3.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to what? It's much better than the stock cam across the board and is dirt cheap when it comes to cams. Even swapping to the front cam sensor and timing chain cover. The ls9 cam is a 33hp gain over the lsa cam for the Cts-v owners. I'd rather make more power across the band. I think it's hot rod magazine that did a big article on all the GM cams, but was in a 5.3.
But I wonder if that same claim can be made on the 6.0 as its torque what you want for a heavy vehicle, not hp

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually decided on the LSA cam. Slightly better low-end power and torque, but drops off at 5,000 rpm where the ls9 continues to pull to 6,000. Don't need that in the ole suburban. Hopefully just got a cam and throttle body off of a CTS forum.

The fairly flat lines are the LSA cam, the rising lines are the LS9.
ctsv-lsavsls9cam.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts