Question about LSA SuperCharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny that even with a blower the LSA cam has a much fatter torque curve down low which what u want in a big heavy truck. The specs "look" like a small cam but it's torquey.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even without a blower it is a nice upgrade over the stock cam. I'll hopefully have mine on the way soon. The CTS-V guys upgrade to the LS9 cam (it's only $150, or less).

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just purchased an LSA cam and CTS-V throttle body. Next up needs to be the fuel rails, and heat exchanger. Aiming to get mine up and running by the end of January...if I'm lucky.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just purchased an LSA cam and CTS-V throttle body. Next up needs to be the fuel rails, and heat exchanger. Aiming to get mine up and running by the end of January...if I'm lucky.
Aiming for end of this month. Question, what injectors are you going to run? I'm leaning towards the flex fuel so I can use meth as well but I wonder if those injectors would be enough.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stock ctsv injectors. I haven't familiarized myself completely on what all is needed for meth injection though. I'd hit up the ctsvowners.com forum. There is a guy on there that is selling a lid spacer setup for meth injection that's cheaper than just the regular spacer which is supposed to be good for at least 10hp alone.

5280Racer

Reaction score
Why do you wanna run Meth? the cost to install and purchase the parts rent really worth it.. you'd be better off running E85 fuel which the injectors are capable of..

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why meth over e85?

Because just like regular fuel, e85 is not always e85, its often times diluted so bad its almost equal to 93.

I for one would hate to get a "good" batch of e85, tune my FI engine for it, then next week get. 40% batch and have detonation, or blow up my engine.

Meth allows you to have peace of mind knowing that every time you get to X boost level, you have a consistent supply of octane and detonation prevention.

Besides the obvious fact of you tune so that your forced to run only e85 and cant find any when out of town. Your fooked.

Had a buddy tune his 18psi ctsv for pure e85, he ran out of fuel, sitting in a gas station parking lot that didn't sell e85.
I had to go the other direction from him to the only station open at the time to get him fuel, then drive 40 mins back to him with enough fuel to get him home.

This happened once! Now he is smart enough to run duel fuel and timing tables, for 93 and e85. But still dumb enough not to supplement with meth injection.

Last edited:

5280Racer

Reaction score
I know the difference between them built many cars and diesels using meth and tuned many cars on E85.. would i say meh is a great no.. not unless its on a competition motor and you need to squeeze out all the power.. would I recommend E85 yes and no.. I don't personally use it in my STU ZO6 race car. like you stated the inconsistency is horrible and especially here in colorado not many stations have it.. few of my drag race friends use it with no issues but not daily driven cars.. most of the ricers an wannabe V8 cars run it because they are told its better so they instantly do it to be trendy. Meth on daily drive gas cars is a waste.. even if its lightly boosted.. diesels respond better to it and still we often run straight water instead of meth. stock fuel system is plenty for the LSA tuned you shouldn't need anything else.

Why meth over e85?

Because just like regular fuel, e85 is not always e85, its often times diluted so bad its almost equal to 93.

I for one would hate to get a "good" batch of e85, tune my FI engine for it, then next week get. 40% batch and have detonation, or blow up my engine.

Meth allows you to have peace of mind knowing that every time you get to X boost level, you have a consistent supply of octane and detonation prevention.

Besides the obvious fact of you tune so that your forced to run only e85 and cant find any when out of town. Your fooked.

Had a buddy tune his 18psi ctsv for pure e85, he ran out of fuel, sitting in a gas station parking lot that didn't sell e85.
I had to go the other direction from him to the only station open at the time to get him fuel, then drive 40 mins back to him with enough fuel to get him home.

This happened once! Now he is smart enough to run duel fuel and timing tables, for 93 and e85. But still dumb enough not to supplement with meth injection.

Rdg17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even without a blower it is a nice upgrade over the stock cam. I'll hopefully have mine on the way soon. The CTS-V guys upgrade to the LS9 cam (it's only $150, or less).

Would the LSA cam be good in 5.3 Yukon with LSA s/c? I was afraid of low end torque issues everyone has been talking about. I was looking at the LS9 cam, but just haven't decided yet.