Question about LSA SuperCharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was wonder about pulley combinations to achieve more boost from a supercharger. Im thinking about scrapping my twin turbo build in favor of a blower and instead of shelling out a huge amount of funds on a tvs 1900 or 2300, I've decided to go the route of purchasing a Lsa blower from an 2010 cts v. Question I have for starters, is that blower an eaton blower? And whats the max boost you can run on that blower via pulley swaps? From what i read, stock boost is at 9 psi. Please help me out.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a repackaged tvs1900.
You can get well past 15psi with it.
Hope you understand that its a square port and your heads are cathedral port.
There are adapters on ebay.
Or you can just swap the heads.

This is not a simple plug n play blower on your vehicle.
Your better off buying a used maggie from someone on performancetrucks.net.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is a repackaged tvs1900.
You can get well past 15psi with it.
Hope you understand that its a square port and your heads are cathedral port.
There are adapters on ebay.
Or you can just swap the heads.

This is not a simple plug n play blower on your vehicle.
Your better off buying a used maggie from someone on performancetrucks.net.

Thanks! I already knew about the adapters from cathedral to square, but I have l93 heads. I think the original 6.0 heads makes more torque down low. I know I'll need an accessory bracket modification. Along with other small things, but the price was to good to pass up. I'm on performance trucks everyday, and I think the lowest I seen for a maggies was 3600

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search for lsa conversion kits. There are a few guys who sell them with or with out the charger.
Decent price point aswell. Considering you get every part needed.
I am un sure if the parts are genuine gm tho.

As far as making more torque, lol come on man. Your abput to bolt on a blower and jack the boost! You will have plenty of torque.
My friends cts was well over 1k tq.
Ported quare port heads, decent cam and as much boost as the blower can make. Its making over 600 at alil over 2500.
Well that and a 250 shot. :)

Be warned tho. That much power on tap off idle is killer on the stock bottom end. He just crushed a handfull of main bearings the other day. It lived for aprox six months,mbeating on it daily. Then he hit it with the juice during a launch and killed the bottom end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for lsa conversion kits. There are a few guys who sell them with or with out the charger.
Decent price point aswell. Considering you get every part needed.
I am un sure if the parts are genuine gm tho.

As far as making more torque, lol come on man. Your abput to bolt on a blower and jack the boost! You will have plenty of torque.
My friends cts was well over 1k tq.
Ported quare port heads, decent cam and as much boost as the blower can make. Its making over 600 at alil over 2500.
Well that and a 250 shot. :)

Be warned tho. That much power on tap off idle is killer on the stock bottom end. He just crushed a handfull of main bearings the other day. It lived for aprox six months,mbeating on it daily. Then he hit it with the juice during a launch and killed the bottom end.

My goal is 650 ish hp and tq. I won't be on it like that, just want something to wake my truck up a bit while I save more for my 418 build for this Yukon, but that's a little later. I believe the stock bottom end on an iron block should be able to hold more than an aluminum stock block, could be wrong though

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your correct.

Look up the problems with the OEM blocks when building strokers.
At the bottom of the crank stroke the piston skirt comes oit of the bore to far.
It excessivly wears the bottom of the cylinder and the the skirts of the pistons.

Yes alot of guys have been stroking these blocks for many many years.
Just want ya be aware of this one problem if you didnt know about it already.
Its not a super critical issue, but ot does bring up longevity concerns.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your correct.

Look up the problems with the OEM blocks when building strokers.
At the bottom of the crank stroke the piston skirt comes oit of the bore to far.
It excessivly wears the bottom of the cylinder and the the skirts of the pistons.

Yes alot of guys have been stroking these blocks for many many years.
Just want ya be aware of this one problem if you didnt know about it already.
Its not a super critical issue, but ot does bring up longevity concerns.

Was kinda worried about that for as well, what block do you recommend then? Any suggestions on that route?

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good watch if ya have not seen it yet.
Will let Mr. Nelson tell ya.

LSA conversion for those who dont hang put on PT.net

That was possibly the best unproductive 20 mins of the day lol
I think livernois motor sports mentioned this to me as well, but i wasnt listening to that guy. Seems like unless your doing a tall deck, it should just be cam, heads, tubes, and tune....

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, first time I watched it, I enjoyed it..
Next vid I post for ya will have bikini's and LS engines in it.

Honestly, given how cheap a short block is these days. I would just stroke it and go.
Just watch oil 20-50k miles, for aluminum.

Save the $$ for your 418, then go the tall block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent