Pulled the trigger - '17 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 Rocky Ridge Callaway Tahoe. I'm curious, did you always take your Callaway to the dealership for service? Did you ever have any issues with it?

Wow sounds like a nice rig. Post up some pictures.

Did all of service in house. 100k miles trouble free, just oil changes, brakes,tires and one blown rear end but that was covered under warranty. Enjoy

Christine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am nervous because I know nothing about Supercharged vehicles. I was looking to purchase a new LTZ, but then I found my truck used with only 3k miles on it. It was love at first start. I just love the sound. However, after only 3 weeks, one of the fuel injectors went bad. Then, the XM radio died and they had to replace the antenna. I'm coming from a 4Runner that never gave me a problem in 10 years. Anyway, I hope the FI was just a fluke thing and that my Callaway will last me at least 7 years. Fingers crossed

20161031_115326.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Reaction score
Sweet ride. Agree on the sound the Callaway exhaust sounds great. Let's hope the injector was a fluke.

Keep up on the routine maintenance and you should be fine. I did buy an extra serpentine belt to fit the supercharger just in case I every had a breakdown out of town.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2016 Rocky Ridge Callaway Tahoe. I'm curious, did you always take your Callaway to the dealership for service? Did you ever have any issues with it?

sweet looking callaway hoe. nice to see some more around (i have a burb)

take it to dealer. they will have @ least 1 mechanic certified to work on it (for specific issues).
everything else can be handled by rest of team.
then if they need help, callawy will work over phone or send someone down.
if ECM has issue, they will need to mail it back & forth - which is odd in this day & age.

only issue i have had was w/ rims. everything else has been regular maintenance.

Blondy1

Reaction score
View attachment 73735 She's home! Feels way more solid and quiet than the Tahoe, maybe a little too quiet. Might need to look into the new exhaust soon

Only gripe so far is the lack of lighting when you open the rear hatch? It's pitch black back there, you think GMC could of come up with some type of lighting for this area.

On the plus side the intellibeam/ auto high beams is amazing! Turns on high beams when needed and switches to low super quick.

Looking forward to exploring the rest of "smart" features

Wow!!! I love the color! I traded a 15' Tahoe for a 17 SLT, it had all the extras and turned out to be a better deal for me then the Denali..went back to black, it has been awhile, but had I seen how sharp this color is I would have looked again! I feel the same way, my Yukon rides completely different and sounds like it has way more oomph than the Tahoe did. Here's the old and the newIMG_1632.JPG IMG_1638.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts