Denali Stock Wheels with A/T Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all - considering ditching my 20" wheel setup with BFG's and going back to the stock 22" Denali Wheels with a stock size A/T tire. Anyone have any pics with the stock Denali wheels with A/T tires? I am looking at the Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires (put these on my wife's GC a while back and they are great tires) and the Toyo AT 3's but open to other options like Nitto Ridge Grapplers, etc. Would like to keep the stock size tire 275/50/22.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, for the photos. I went ahead and got a set of the Continental Terrain Contact AT Tires in 275/50R22. Very happy that I pulled the trigger. The ride difference from the BFG's is incredible. The new tires (as well as the stock tires) are almost 20#'s lighter than the BFG's. The ride dynamics are unbelievably different. They look great too and are equally as quiet and smooth as the Bridgestones were. This is an XL tire as well VS the Bridgestones which are an SL. It's actually surprising they even put an SL tire on these big a$$ rigs. Ordered some black lettered GMC wheel caps and some blackout corners to clean things up a bit. I really love the look and ride.

Attachments

• conti5.jpg
    conti5.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    412.2 KB · Views: 17

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Thanks all, for the photos. I went ahead and got a set of the Continental Terrain Contact AT Tires in 275/50R22. Very happy that I pulled the trigger. The ride difference from the BFG's is incredible. The new tires (as well as the stock tires) are almost 20#'s lighter than the BFG's. The ride dynamics are unbelievably different. They look great too and are equally as quiet and smooth as the Bridgestones were. This is an XL tire as well VS the Bridgestones which are an SL. It's actually surprising they even put an SL tire on these big a$$ rigs. Ordered some black lettered GMC wheel caps and some blackout corners to clean things up a bit. I really love the look and ride.
I did the same tires, have about 4,000 miles on them so far. Handled everything I can throw at them and they're still nice and quiet.

IMG_3132.jpeg

OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same tires, have about 4,000 miles on them so far. Handled everything I can throw at them and they're still nice and quiet.

View attachment 424246
Nice to see someone else with positive feedback on these! I put these on my wifes grand cherokee a few years ago and have always been really happy with the tire, they just didn't have a wide variety of sizes back then but seems they are expanding.

Are those the LED corner markers or the stock ones with tint film?

OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tasteful debadge on the sides, Sir. Any plans to black out the grille or trim?
Thank you! I like my cars to be free from badges lol. I have gone back and forth about getting rid of the silver trim and grille. If I did anything I would do something similar to this Denali on saw on social media. I would like to keep the stock wheels since I already did the aftermarket thing and the ride changed quite a bit and not in a good way. So I'd probably go with a few shades darker on the trim to make it more charcoal colored and then paint the grille to match.

Attachments

• 1 Social.png
    1 Social.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 2 social.png
    2 social.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I like my cars to be free from badges lol. I have gone back and forth about getting rid of the silver trim and grille. If I did anything I would do something similar to this Denali on saw on social media. I would like to keep the stock wheels since I already did the aftermarket thing and the ride changed quite a bit and not in a good way. So I'd probably go with a few shades darker on the trim to make it more charcoal colored and then paint the grille to match.
That'll be a good look. Looks like the one in the pic had the grille trim body-colored.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Nice to see someone else with positive feedback on these! I put these on my wifes grand cherokee a few years ago and have always been really happy with the tire, they just didn't have a wide variety of sizes back then but seems they are expanding.

Are those the LED corner markers or the stock ones with tint film?
They're LED cheapy ones from Amazon, but have held up great so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660