PPV Stock Suspension - Higher to Lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 2014 Tahoe PPV that is my Department POV. Basically, I own the truck personally, but I can use it for responding to scenes when I'm not in one of our marked trucks.

Here's the thing. The PPV has beefed up suspension no matter how it comes...but it can be ordered EITHER at STOCK height (same as your average LT), or LOWERED/LEVELED.

Mine is Stock height. I don't like that - with the PPV's smaller tires, it looks awkward. My question is -- what do I need to change to lower/level the truck like the rest of the ones in our department? Just the springs? Is the front ride height different between the two, or just the back?

I've seen people use Eibachs here...would that MATCH the leveled PPV height? I don't want anything lower than what comes with the leveled PPVs from the factory, because I still need to be able to mount curbs and such...but I don't like how high the back end is right now.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's both front and back. What I would do is get the belltech 2/3-4 from Tony. It's 2" spindles up front and a 4" spring in the rear, with a 1" cup so you can drop the back 3 or 4 inches.

This is Tony's section. He's a forum sponsor and good guy to deal with

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52

OP
OP
aggmeister2010
Reaction score
I'll reach out to tony. Does a 3 inch drop in the back match the factory ppv drop? As long as it's not any lower than the factory setup and still pretty stiff, that should work fine.

Would I need the end link kit as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700