power steering problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canwebfriends69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i have a 1995 gmc yukon ,love this truck , but i have a problem when it warms up and im driving its great but when i go to park it its hard to turn the steering wheel either way like the power steering is gone ,but it only happens when warms up ,the fuild is fine ,can anybody help me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also ac problem it it has never worked since i brought the truck it show its holding a charge but the compressor wontcome on at all but it blows warm air inside ,does this mean i need a new compressor

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
sounds like the clutch is bad on the AC compressor. theres a magnet inside the clutch that engages, most of the time you can buy the 30 to 50 dollar magnet and replace it instead of the compressor. i dont even think youll need to take the compressor out since its ontop.. But youll need a special "puller" tool for that

no idea on the powersteering. sorry

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
is there even the slightest change of engine speed or steering noise when it does not work.

You can test your clutch on a/c by disconnecting its connector and see if there is power to it while the a/c is turned on. One wire for ground and one for power so just throw a multimeter on it if it is digital it does not matter which polarity you choose.
If there is no power to it then the problem is elsewhere. start with the above first.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts