Electronic issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gripp88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2015 Tahoe ltz 4x4 with about 143000 miles. I notice that when my voltage goes down my right turn signal blinks like it won’t recognize the Cadillac lights I installed. I also have a rear view camera problem when I put it in reverse it’s like it’s dark and u can’t really see it or it says service. Also my blind spot on my left side illuminates without a vehicle nearby sometimes. When I turn my fogs on u can see them dimming with the rest of the lights that are on. The dealership said my battery is fine but my friend hooked it up before hand and said the cold cranking amps go way down after starting it. Truck sounds like it’s weak kind of. Like a 2008 pontiac. Sounds like something is dieing. I just know that something isn’t getting enough power. I will say one time it died while backing up in driveway. Has never done it since. Please help.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check all your cable connections and the cables themselves. Also check your ground connections.

These vehicles hate low voltage conditions.

What does your dash read for voltage when it is running?

Might also have your alternator tested to make sure it’s functioning properly.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with a battery load test. I'd see what the CCA are with engine off after all the modules go to sleep. Open your hood when you park it in the garage and test it in the morning. Snap-on East (Harbor Freight) has a really decent battery digital battery tester I've used for years. Super easy to use, but you'll need to remove both battery cables to do the test.

After you do that, use a multi-meter with a min/max setting and do a test start and see what the voltage drops to while cranking. A good meter will record that and you can view it after the fact so you're not trying to catch it by sight. If it drops below 10v with a fully charged battery, I'd probably call it suspect.

I usually see cranking voltage around 10.5 to 11v on tests I've done.

If all these check out to be within spec, then you might have a grounding issue, a flaky wire connection, chuffed harness, etc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts